 CAD / MLCad / 2090
Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 09:04:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
But, rotations are limited to parallel to the X,Y and Z planes, so I don't think
you are addressing what I'm talking about.

Imagin you had an axle that is at 45 degrees in the XY plane, and you have a
biped leg you want to rotate around the axle.  Rotation about X, Y, or Z does
not help you here.

Is my understanding off base, or are you answering a question I didn't ask?
I think I forgot mentioning this yesterday, but that is excactly the point where
it's practical to use submodels:
Make a submodel with the axle and the biped leg.
In the main model you turn the axle/submodel (45 degrees), and in the submodel
you turn the leg.

It really is that simple.

-NB