 CAD / 12826
Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:31:04 GMT

I personally use Submodels a lot for rotated sections.

If you place the rotation pin/point at origo in the submodel, you can leave the
rotation point at "parts origin" when you insert it in the level above. If
there's something at an odd angle in the submodeled section, I just make another
submodel of that and insert it in the first (and so forth).

Main file + (submodel + (submodel + (submodel)))

The drawback is that you end up with a lot of submodels, but on the other hand,
you get the possibility to go back and change everything on submodel level in
plain grid.

I'm planning of making a general (angling) MLCad tutorial some day, but my
webpage and a parts creation tutorial keep getting in the way, and I never seem
to the time for them either :-(

-NB