 CAD / 12792
Re: Lpub Dual Callout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 12:49:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
The other solution would be to allow more than one "add part" line between
BEGIN/END, as long as they are the same part type (submodel type).  I think I
like the second solution better.

I do too (the multi pointer could have other uses)

There might be a third solution, something like the "inverse" of LPUB PLI BEGIN
IGN that would allow to add parts to the PLI without getting them on CSI. I
don't think it is the best way here but it might prove helpful.

Thinking better (had a sleepless night ;o), this is not a solution. Multiple
arrows generating multiple parts in bom/pli is not either: how the multiple
submodels would get placed in the model (only one set of coordinates)?

Philo

I believe that your solution of multiple identical parts within the same
begin/end is the correct solution. I'll make the PLI and BOM processes handle
this case correctly.  This way each instance gets its own placement and
orientation.

Kevin