 CAD / *31025 (-100)
  Re: LDD Introductions

(...) Actually, I replied about a week and a half ago or so in a different post. I'll reiterate the key points here to be helpful. I'm glad to see that you've finally released a public beta. I am disappointed that the program use the binary form of (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: LeoCAD wont save as .dat file.

(...) Just choose "Save as", and in file type drop list, choose "ldraw files (*.dat)" Note that according to your explorer setup (Windows) you may have to suppress the '.lcd' appended to file name. Philo www.philohome.com (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: L3P Launcher for Mac OS X

(...) You're right. Back in December I used remote ssh access to his Mac, but this time I went to his office to borrow his Mac for five minutes :-) /Lars (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  More Moonbase Components

I've been working on some more moonbase stuff in ldraw. These are mostly components that I think a moonbase needs. Working Hatches: (2 URLs) Cargo Containers: (URL) some examples using the above parts : Moonbase module connectors made from TEUs (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Feature Suggestion

I also have a suggestion. There could be included a "Search in Keywords" in the search tool. CU Bernd (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LDD Introductions

(...) For all bug issues, please send a note to: digitaldesigner@lego.com. That is the best place to send these issues. Martin and Marc will be focused on discussing non-Beta issues. Thanks! Jake --- Jake McKee Community Developmemt Manager LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LDD Introductions

"Chuck Sommerville" <chucks@he.net> wrote in message news:HGEDpG.21rC@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) think they (...) I (...) I am unable to get it to run. The README file suggests deleting this file: C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Local (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Lego Digital Designer & Colors...

I have been playing with Lego Digital Designer and so far my biggest complaint is that there is no way to match the "on-screen" colors to the real ABS colors (particularly when you are working with things like metalics, transparents and things like (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: L3P Launcher for Mac OS X

(...) you had was remote ssh terminal access, like what I have on the sourceforge compile farm OSX machine. I didn't realize you could actually see what you're doing. That's cheating! ;^) Have fun, Don (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LDD Introductions

I can't believe nobody has replied to this yet! I am excited about this new software. I downloaded it and tried it out. The only problem I had was the bitmap versions of the parts inventory on the right of the screen did not render properly. At (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  LeoCAD wont save as .dat file.

Hi, Been using LeoCAD since 1998 and love it. Here is the question. LeoCAD won't let me save my projects as a .dat file at all? I want to view them in LDView (Works great) and Pov-Ray (having problems with it but that is a different subject). (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: L3P Launcher for Mac OS X

(...) I have occational Mac OSX access at a colleague's Mac. I used this to make the MacOSX L3P: (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  LDD Introductions

Hello all! As you know, we recently released (URL) LEGO Digital Designer>. We are privledged to have two developers from this team who will float around the discussions here and answer some of the questions that come up. As you can imagine, these (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Feature Suggestion

(...) Hmm, I see what you're saying. I am envisioning a tree where you can check if you want to see: • Submodels • Official Parts • Unofficial Parts • Primitives Each one can be checked/unchecked individually. So, say if I just wanted to see (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: Feature Suggestion

Hi Paul, I was thinking about something like that but in a different more generic way: I could insert another path into the part search path just after any official path. Thus if you use unofficial parts which haven't been defined yet MLCad would (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Feature Suggestion

Hi Tim, would it be enough to have some sort of extra window opened on request and showing the tree of an individual selected part or mpd? Otherwice I guess the window would be overloaded and most of my users wouldn't have any benefit out of this (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Key Shortcuts?

Orion Pobursky wrote in message ... (...) Thanks Orion! I'll try those Kevin ---...--- Railroad Depot kit: (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths(TM): (URL) Lego Web page: (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: L3P Launcher for Mac OS X

(...) Um, Lars must have Mac OS X...? Here are some screenshots: (URL) app is Cocoa, so I can easily make the GUI using Apple's Interface Builder, which is just a drag and drop GUI maker. Easiest thing in the world. I just set the background to (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

(...) Hi Tom, These are files for the LSynth program. You'll need to go here: (URL) Install and enjoy --Orion (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: L3P Launcher for Mac OS X

(...) Hey, how'd Lars get to see the interface? I didn't see any screenshots on the webpage. I'm curious, does it look like l3pao, or lpub, or something completely different? James, have you considered talking to Kevin about providing a GUI for lpub (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

Hello Miguel, Traveling well on the dat Model, I have located all files except: 'ls10.dat' and 'ls31.dat' I cannot find any reference to them on Parts Tracker, or Peeron for that matter? I am not quite sure what parts they represent, or if they are (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: L3P Launcher for Mac OS X

(...) Showing the L3Globe is a good idea, but it seems you have mixed up latitude/longitude colors, see (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

Hi Tom, I am pretty certain that all unofficial parts in the model are "official unofficials" and can be tracked via the PT. Please be advised that the file might have some minor bugs. However, this did not prevent the Planetary Society's builder (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  More Lego Mars Rovers (Re: MOC Differtimento)

The Planetary Society's website now has thumbnails of the Lego Mars Rover contest entries Very little competition in the Marie Curie Class <link (URL) In the Rocky Class, Emiel Visser's Stone Rider looks like what I envisioned a second version of (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  L3P Launcher for Mac OS X

I am releasing a beta of an app I am working on that runs l3p without the Terminal.app. I have already made alot of changes to the window, but it "doesn't work" yet. So in the mean time, I am releasing this version that works. Moral is don't get use (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Feature Suggestion

I have a small request for MLcad too. (okay, so it might not be a small request) ;-) I use many folder levels as I create new parts. I would like to be able to view a folder on the left as the models folder does currenty. If this is already done, (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Hold on primitives by pneaster

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote: <some portions snipped> (...) Ok, Yes, I started out with a spreadsheet that made 1-4 segments. (...) I have made it a habit of eliminating all the extra zeros out of part files that I can. They do not do (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: POV in Part

Could folks please trim lugnet.admin.suggestions from this thread? Frank (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: POV in Part

(...) Yes, L3P would automatically support new LGEO parts if they were added to the binary l2p_elmt.tab. (...) You can use the -d option to L3P to see the contents of LGEO's *.TAB files: l3p -d -lgeo somefile.dat | more (mentioned a couple of years (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Feature Suggestion

I have another MLCad feature suggestion - what about a tree view of all of a model's dependencies? It would be nice to be able to toggle on/off views of parts and primitives (and submodels for completeness). I'm sure it will be useful for part (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: POV in Part

(...) Here's a small program to dump the file out as text so we can examine the unknown 8 bit value. It looks to me like it contains some flag bits. Only 3 bits seem to be used (0x01, 0x02, and 0x80). From the output it appears as if bit 0x80 (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Hold on primitives by pneaster

(...) My generator (just an excel sheet with some visual basic code) uses spaces as seperators. I hope it's not a problem that values as 1 are written as 1.0000 I also fixed the generation of type 5 lines. (It generated one too less for partial (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hold on primitives by pneaster

(...) Sounds good. Make sure your generator is using spaces and not tabs. I have not checked to see how the original Ldraw responds to tabs as number seperators. Paul (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hold on primitives by pneaster

(...) Thanx for the explanation, it's clear to me now. I'll update my primitive generator and reupload the primitives I have put on the PT Niels (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: POV in Part

(...) I agree to that, but since POV-code will be between IFPOV and IFNOTPOV codes will it matter that much? (...) There I disagree: the reason I ask is because of the macaroni-brick. I tried (fairly succesfull) to write the main part as POV-code (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

Paul Easter <pneaster@knoxy.nospm.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HGBwv1.22HB@lugnet.com... (...) For example sin(22.5°)= 0.3827 for R=1 (in edge.dat) 15*sin(22.5°)= 5.7403 for correct point 15* (0.3827) = 5.7405 for stretching the edge.dat A (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hold on primitives by pneaster

(...) It's me... (...) I have had a few emails with the Parts Tracker admin's lately to discuss the creation of primitives. I was INCORRECTLY using the rounding method that rounded only the final results. Like this; round( r* sin( Angle ), 4). The (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: POV in Part

(...) Since L3P already supports the LGEO part library, is it possible to just add new LGEO parts and have L3P automatically use them? The only problem I see with this is that the .tab files in the LGEO library are binary files, but the format of (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: POV in Part

(...) I'm not too keen on this idea. While POV-Ray is a nice tool and freeware, I'd like to avoid dedicating ourselves to one tool, not to mention the size increase on all the files. If all you want is nice looking parts for POV try a combo of (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: POV in Part

Steve Bliss <steve.bliss@earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:70ncevsg5a3ulag...4ax.com... (...) I think we could, but where can I find the POV-code expressions? CU Bernd (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Hold on primitives by pneaster

Niels Karsdorp <nkp.nkp@hetnet.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HGBE24.1IJM@lugnet.com... (...) I've the same problem on my parts. The parts is (maybe) checked by inlining the edge.dat and then multiplied this with the radius (for example in MLCAD). (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

(...) I know the camera is on the PT and probably the others. Yes, the PT is alive and well: (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

Hello Miguel, I downloaded your DAT file of Differtimento and it seems to use some parts I don't have. Primarily the Vision Command camera and the newer type of wheels. Can you point me in the right direction to where I might be able to down load (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad)

  Hold on primitives by pneaster

Sorry, i don't know who pneaster is, but he did put a hold on some primitives for differences in values. One of the primitives involved is 4-4con7.dat (...) I would like to know how these values are to be calculated (and who calculated the correct (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: UPDATE Re: vose inspection car render

(...) Well, first you'll need to stop working with the lighting to bring out as much detail as possible from the black brick. Real photos are usually slightly muddy. Also, you'll need to add some digital dust to your model, and make the surfaces (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: New parts - Aquanaut Door and Door Frame

(...) Sorry, I missed it. :/ (...) That is correct. (...) My general rule is to always double-space before a single-digit dimension. I can't think of any situations where we've got three-digit dimensions, so the double-space rule should work. Steve (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: POV in Part

(...) I'd rather not. But I might be outvoted. If people are really hot on POV-code parts, could we start working on a fully LDraw-compatible POV-Ray library of parts? Steve (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Meta Commands in Part Files

(...) BFC KEYWORDS CATEGORY I can't think of any others off the top of my head. Steve (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: UPDATE Re: vose inspection car render

(...) Hi, Travis, First of all, nice model! I don't have too many tips on making a render photorealistic, but one thing that may help is if you decrease the camera angle and then move the camera farther away so you see the whole model. That will (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: UPDATE Re: vose inspection car render

(...) Example: light_source { <-5107.64,-5423.1,-2948.9> // Latitude,Longitude,Radius: 30,120,6810.19 color rgb 0.8*<1,1,1> shadowless } I've also started to always put a (darker, shadowless) light at the same position as the camera. This way, (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Lego Digital Designer

(...) The program doesn't delete the pieces when you exit. Whichever way you install they end up in Program Files/LEGO Software/LEGO Digital Designer/database/bricks (if you install to the default path). The web installer just downloads exactly what (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: UPDATE Re: vose inspection car render

(...) Yes, it's me again, There are some good tips in the "Digital lighting & rendering" book by Jeremy Birn: You should use at least 2 lights: a key light [KL] (your main light) and a fill light [FL] (to fill the shadows created by the KL) You want (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

(...) Hi Tom - thank you very much! (...) It took me about 3 months to complete this one. I ended up pulling an all-nighter to finish the Ldraw file in time for the contest! (...) I orginally wanted to enter at least 2 rovers in the contest. I (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Key Shortcuts?

(...) Yes they do exist: Ctrl - Up Arrow(Num pad 8)//Down Arrow(Num pad 2)/ = Rotate on x Ctrl - Left Arrow (Num pad 4)/Right Arrow(Num pad 6)/ = Rotate on y Ctrl - Num Pad 7/Num Pad 1 = Rotate on x --Orion (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Key Shortcuts?

(...) A rotates around Y. I think CTRL-A rotates in another axis, but I might be fuzzy. Perhaps SHIFT-A does the same in the third?? -Tim (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Key Shortcuts?

Tim Courtney wrote in message ... (...) How about key shortcuts to rotate the current piece about the x, y or axis. Maybe they exist and I just haven't found them. A related suggestion: if something has a key shortcut, put it in the ToolTip text (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Meta Commands in Part Files

(...) Nope, just refreshing my memory so that I can update the Lego Spec 1.0.0 page. So it's: The Standard Part header including Name, Filename, Author, and File Type CMDLINE L3P IFPOV, L3P IFNOTPOV, L3P ELSEPOV, L3P ENDPOV BFC Statements Anything (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

(...) Fantastic Miguel! I have been working a similar Rover concept for the last few months, although I must confess, that I have focused on the brute strength approach - with motors located at each wheel. My Rover is RCX controlled and has four (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Meta Commands in Part Files

(...) BFC assertions? (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Lego Digital Designer

(...) MHz (...) My 2 Eurocents... While I have a 2.0 GHz AMD with 512 Mb and WinXP Pro it runs slooooow... I think this is because I have a non 3D accelerator card (NVidia 64 Mb). This is really a pain, because LDView runs _very_ smoothly with (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Meta Commands in Part Files

hi orion are you developing some kind of cad? br pixel "Orion Pobursky" <orion@dontaddthis.p...ursky.com> wrote in message news:HG7uG5.1Lr4@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lego Digital Designer

Well, my 10 year son learned practically instant how to use it, without any help of my own. And while I was unable to find how to rotate the parts, he showed me how to do it (shame on me, the adult !): when you're in drag mode, press the arrows keys (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: UPDATE Re: vose inspection car render

well i'm still at it. and i'm please to say that I think that things are getting better and better. Still not photo realistic, but I think that certian parts (ei... the inverse wedges on the roof) will never render correctly until the part is more (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Problem solved (WAS: Keyboard input problems in LeoCAD)

(...) I only wish that information was in the help file (1)... my bald spot grew just a little bit larger during the frustrating time I couldn't move a brick 1/2 stud increments. :) I actually ended up changing it by clicking on the status bar (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Primitive part file reviewing on the Parts Tracker

Hello all parts authors, Here is a note to say that I have been studying Primitives in detail lately. I will be making some changes on the primitive reviews I have made recently. So some parts will probably come off the certified list until the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Problem solved (WAS: Keyboard input problems in LeoCAD)

(...) Pressing '1' or '2' etc. changes the movement to that many studs. To get it back to half a stud press the '0'. Kyle (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Key Shortcuts?

Michael - Can you add key shortcuts to do the following: Insert comment at the active line (open comment dialog) Insert Step Insert Clear Insert Rotation Step Insert Buffer Exchange Thanks! If anyone else has key shortcut suggestions, please post (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: UPDATE Re: vose inspection car render

Hi Travis, (...) Making a light shadowless is quite simple, just add shadowless: casting shadows: light_source { <90, 12, 20> color rgb 0.5 } not casting shadows: light_source { <90, 12, 20> color rgb 0.5 shadowless } Remember that this only (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

(...) Hi Philo, Thanks. I tried to balance bulk and modularity, but I would love to see someone come up with a simpler, more compact version. As far as practical applications for the design go, I can clearly imagine a vehicle with panoramic (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

Hi Miguel, Very interesting conception, superb instructions! I need to try that one... (...) Good luck ;o) Philo www.philohome.com PS: (URL) and (URL) links are broken (the first should be baseins.html) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  UPDATE Re: vose inspection car render

hey guys, the emails about the color libraries came all morning, and i'm glad to say that now I can use all the cool colors from (URL) well as the original colors from color.inc. This souped up render has replaced the orignial. Here is the link. (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Problem solved (WAS: Keyboard input problems in LeoCAD)

(...) You probably pressed the '1' key. Leonardo (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Meta Commands in Part Files

I'm trying to remember which Meta commands are allowed in part files. Here's my list: The Standard Part header including Name, Filename, Author, and File Type CMDLINE L3P IFPOV, L3P IFNOTPOV, L3P ELSEPOV, L3P ENDPOV Are there more than this? --Orion (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  vose inspection car render

hey guys, I studied all weekend and after a serious amount of trial and error, I have a rendering that I'd like to share and get some feedback on. here it is... (URL) is done with the Jeroen's radiosity library2. I used ambient light and 2 actual (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.trains)

  MOC Differtimento

Hi all, After a quite a bit of time, I have a new MOC ready. Differtimento is my entry for the Planetery Society's Build a Better Rover Contest (URL) mentioned here too (URL) is a skid-steer vehicle that incorporates a differential connected to both (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Problem solved (WAS: Keyboard input problems in LeoCAD)

(...) After more trial and error, I found the answer to this problem. From what I can tell, the movement increments are not set on the Preferences panel. There is a display in the status bar called 'Move' which is a clickable menu. This isn't (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Keyboard input problems in LeoCAD

Help! O.K. as far as I can remember, from the work I did in LeoCAD last weekend, the arrow keys move the selected part by 1/2 stud increments, unless the CRTL key is held down. However, as I'm working today, I'm noticing that the arrow keys are (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Problems exporting from LeoCAD to LDraw .dat format

(...) From what I understand, the .00 values aren't specifically prohibited in the LDraw format, but that they may be unnecessary. It also appears that in some cases, it throws errors when trying to use these files in LPub. (...) Is this a user (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Lego Digital Designer

(...) My understanding is that it doesn't have a target market, it has a target audience. Based on posts made here on Lugnet by Jake McKee, I don't believe they plan to charge money for it (although I could have misinterpreted what he said, and I'm (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Problems exporting from LeoCAD to LDraw .dat format

Hi Leonardo, (...) This is seldom a problem, but I noticed this with rubberbelts generated with my rubberbelt parts ((URL) aligned in LeoCad but were not perfectly placed when exported to Ldraw/Pov. Philo (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Problems exporting from LeoCAD to LDraw .dat format

(...) I didn't know that people needed more precision, it's just a matter of changing a printf and you can have more decimal places. (...) Depending on how your computer is setup other programs may not read the files correctly if you have something (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: 30104 Chain - Generate it!

Thanks, guys, but I'm looking to more physical realism in my renderings than a formulaic (synthesis) approach will deliver. 2 chains will be securing a stack of logs (made of 9 2x2 round bricks) on a train car. Not only do the chain ends attach (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 30104 Chain - Does it exist?

Thanks, Thomas! No wonder I couldn't find it. the 208/209 parts designator threw me. Now for the tedious task of manipulating each link by hand. If only there were a "drape" function in MLCad! ;) ---Will (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: 30104 Chain - Generate it!

(...) Oh yeah, forgot to add this link to the chain generator spreadsheet. (URL) you like the spreadsheet method, there's also a net generator and a hoser spreadsheet there as well. (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New parts - Aquanaut Door and Door Frame

TWS Garrison <tgarrisBASSo@ISmath...urdue.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Pine.GSO.4.44.0...1430.3902- 100000@banach.math.p...due.edu... (...) Your answer is correct. The spaces before single numbers are for correct alphabetic sort. Else it looks (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: 30104 Chain - Generate it!

(...) Take a peek at the source: (URL) see a few references to CHAINs (especially in band.c), but I don't think it actually includes this particular type of chain. Since it's open source, this might be a reasonable feature for someone else to try (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 30104 Chain - Generate it!

(...) If I recall, LSynth already does this. Correct me if I'm worng, Kevin. -Orion (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lego Digital Designer

"Orion Pobursky" <orion@dontaddthis.p...ursky.com> wrote in message news:HFxnxx.1q2y@lugnet.com... (...) disappointed (...) and then (...) lothe (...) exe (...) I'm not sure I understand. I didn't do the "setup install" over the Internet - I instead (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Problems exporting from LeoCAD to LDraw .dat format

(...) You are not alone, I prefer LeoCad too... (...) They should not cause problems. These numbers are indeed floating point values (space coordinates and transformation matrix) and while the .00 is not useful in your case it shouldn't be harmful (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: 30104 Chain - Generate it!

While we are talking about that, would it be possible to create a program/plugin to generate a chain in a model? Perhaps in LSynt or as plugin in LDDP? Jaco "Will Chapman" <will@actionbrick.com> schreef in bericht news:HG0w0C.15s0@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Engine 68 (4-Wide Fire Apparatus, incl. instructions)

(...) Yes. But not so simple to build, my apparatus aren't that great....yet ;) Thanks, Ben. (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Problems exporting from LeoCAD to LDraw .dat format  [DAT]

I'm hoping someone can help. I've recently started working in LeoCAD. After trying MLCAD, I just find I like LeoCAD better. Just my preference, nothing wrong with MLCAD. :) However, in trying to export models/instructions to the LDraw .dat format (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Engine 68 (4-Wide Fire Apparatus, incl. instructions)

(...) Hi Ben, Thanks for the comments. :) You've also built some 4-wide apparatus, haven't you? One of the things I think would make the larger renders look better is if I can get LPub/POV to use the the LGEO parts library. I've tried enabling the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: First Time POV User

(...) Max you can find tutorials at this page for your question. (URL) me if you have more questions. -AHui LDraw Help Desk (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad)

  I just got a new mini model  [DAT]

My brother give me this new set ls1859 is so small that it doesn't need and doesn't have instructions I made some nice photos before, while and after i built it so you could all enjoey it as I did also I made it in to ldraw model 0 FILE ls1859a.ldr (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad)

  First Time POV User

After looking at many pictures created with POV-Ray, I want to know more about how to use it. Where do I get started, what do I need, how do I install and use it? Is it free to download? Please help! Max (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Train buffers

(...) I only have the single buffers, but from analyzing the dat file of 4022 and comparing with my buffers, the ruond shapes seem identical. I think I've made this part sometime long ago, but for some reason it was never submitted. It is probably (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 30104 Chain - Does it exist?

(...) It appears to have been done by Matt Schild (URL) know what's up with the number). (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New parts - Aquanaut Door and Door Frame

(...) Has no one responded to this yet? My understanding is that the spacing is purely to make part names alphabetize properly, so that, for example, Brick 1 x 2 sorts before Brick 1 x 16. I think the last example above is correct, but I'm sure that (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  30104 Chain - Does it exist?

(URL) this part exist officially or unofficially? It seems as though it should be a 2-piece part. 1) End piece 1x2 w/chain loop 2) Chain link Is anyone working on one? If not, I might take a stab at it. It does not look too difficult compared to the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact