 CAD / 10200
Re: Lego Digital Designer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:02:10 GMT

Last comment: it worked perfect at home, on a 1.5 MHz P4 256 MB RAM with
GeForce 4 TI 4600 graphic card, but it was disapointingly slow on a 800 • MHz
P3 512 MB RAM with GeForce 2 MX 32 MB computer. So, you DO NEED a good
hardware to run it. It's not for low end computers. By contrast, LDView
seems (visualy) to be 3-5 times faster (!!!) with a similar complex model.

My 2 Eurocents...

While I have a 2.0 GHz AMD with 512 Mb and WinXP Pro it runs slooooow...
I think this is because I have a non 3D accelerator card (NVidia 64 Mb).
This is really a pain, because LDView runs _very_ smoothly with rather large
models.

I think it is a bad idea to "must have" a super 3D card. I am no gamer, so I
do not need a 3D card, hence I won't buy one to run this program, while I
have LDraw and all the tools I need. Too bad... :-(

Jaco