 CAD / 10170
Re: Lego Digital Designer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 01:25:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad, John Henry Kruer wrote:
Anybody seen this?
http://www.lego.com/eng/create/digitaldesigner/default.asp

Its no LDraw, but still interesting.

-JHK

Actually there were two, quite lengthy discussions about this program:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=9808

and

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=9886

I'm glad to see that they finally released a public beta.  I am disappointed
that the program requires an internet connection to download the pieces and then
deletes them when you exit.  I wanted to see the new LXF format.  Also, I lothe
programs that force full screen mode.  There's also the usual gripe about exe
vs. zip installation, but I'll never win that one.

On the positive side, I like the color selection and the snap to exsting pieces
features.  This program is looking good and I'm looking forward to the full
release.

--Orion