 CAD / 10186
10185  |  10187
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Subject:
Problems exporting from LeoCAD to LDraw .dat format
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.leocad
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 00:50:05 GMT

I'm hoping someone can help.

I've recently started working in LeoCAD.  After trying MLCAD, I just find I like
LeoCAD better.  Just my preference, nothing wrong with MLCAD.  :)

However, in trying to export models/instructions to the LDraw .dat format (which
LeoCAD appears to support) something odd seems to be happening.  It's been
brought to my attention that the .dat files that LeoCAD is producing have
extraneous numbers within them.

For example... LeoCAD is exporting lines like this:

1 7 20.00 0.00 270.00 1.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 1.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 1.00 3031.DAT

But I'm told that the line should really look more like this:

1 7 20 0 270 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3031.DAT

In other words, without all the .00 values after the numbers.  This seems to
sometimes cause problems when trying to run the LeoCAD version of the file
through LPub.

Any thoughts on this?  Any reason why LeoCAD exports values in this manner?  And
more importantly, is there anywhere within the app to turn this function off?
I've been through the user configs a couple times, but can't find anything.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Allan B.