 CAD / MLCad / 1696
Re: Feature Suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 20:24:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Michael Lachmann wrote:
   Hi Tim,

would it be enough to have some sort of extra window opened on request and showing the tree of an individual selected part or mpd? Otherwice I guess the window would be overloaded and most of my users wouldn’t have any benefit out of this feature. Don’t get me wrong I find it a realy good idea, so I’m going to take care about that in the next release as well ...

Hmm, I see what you’re saying.

I am envisioning a tree where you can check if you want to see:

• Submodels
• Official Parts
• Unofficial Parts
• Primitives

Each one can be checked/unchecked individually. So, say if I just wanted to see submodels and unofficial parts, there would be a lot less clogging the view. I added the other two options for completeness, but I realize showing them will fill up the tree very fast.

This could be filed away in the “Reports,” but I also think it would be useful to have a toolbar button for it. I would definitely use this feature a lot when creating building instructions from others’ LDraw files, something I plan on doing quite a bit of in the future.

Thanks!!

-Tim

PS - after FTX’in this, I’m really wondering what was so hard about just putting a dash - in front of each bullet point. *shakes head*