 CAD / MLCad / 1699
Re: Feature Suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:43:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Michael Lachmann wrote:
Hi Paul,

I was thinking about something like that but in a different more generic
way:

I could insert another path into the part search path just after any
official path. Thus if you use unofficial parts which haven't been defined
yet MLCad would use the unofficial one since it cannot find anything in the
official paths. If there is an official version one day and you have updated
the libs, MLCad would find it in the official path first thus ignoring the
unofficial part now.

Does that sound usefull?

Michael

"Paul Easter" <pneaster@knoxy.nospm.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a small request for MLcad too. (okay, so it might not be a small request)
;-)

I use many folder levels as I create new parts. I would like to be able to view
a folder on the left as the models folder does currenty. If this is already
done, please let me know.

example of my folder structure.
ldraw
   Models
      inproces
         x521
         x522
         x523    etc.

I remove the folder when I notice a part has become official.

Paul
I was actually thinking about the parts authors as they develop parts. You would
want the directory/folder you are working in to be scanned first for primitves
and sub-parts. Occasionally I will work on part in a new directory/folder on an
existing part, that way I do not overwrite the original file. This can be a
temporary assignment like opening a folder to work in.

What you suggest is also helpful, I have to move the new (inlined) part versions
into the models folder for them to be included onto the parts list. which may
mean another redundant copy of the file.

Anyway of creating a unofficial parts list when can get replaced whenever you
scan for new parts?

Also on the same item... scan parts...
can you add a msgbox that asks if you want to rebuild/replace the current parts
list? I have to rename my parts.lst to get a newone to be built.

Paul