 Technic / 10663
Re: MOC Differtimento
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:47:02 GMT

Hi Tom,

I am pretty certain that all unofficial parts in the model are “official unofficials” and can be tracked via the PT.

Please be advised that the file might have some minor bugs. However, this did not prevent the Planetary Society’s builder assigned to Differtimento (the very patient Emily) to replicate it.

Let me know how it goes with your rover. If you do build a copy of Differtimento, please pay special attention to the alignment of the steering liftarms and cams and the position of the wheels. I’ve taken mine apart several times and in a couple of occasions was very puzzled to find out that it wouldn’t work again - then I remembered to check the wheel alignment!

PS: Once built, it is a sturdy model - well worth the effort, IMHO.