 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1821
Re: UPDATE Re: vose inspection car render
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 03:24:16 GMT

well i'm still at it.  and i'm please to say that I think that things are
getting better and better.  Still not photo realistic, but I think that
certian parts (ei... the inverse wedges on the roof) will never render
correctly until the part is more refined.  In the mean time, i'm working
with the lighting to bring out as much detail as possible from the black
bricks without loosing detail in the grey bricks.

anyhow... here is the latest version

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/elkane/Train/Vose-Car/render.jpg

let me know what you think that I could do to make it more photorealistic...
I'd like to get this to the point where people say is that cad or real... no
kidding.  Please!

-tk