 CAD / LeoCAD / 84
83  |  85
Subject:
Problem solved (WAS: Keyboard input problems in LeoCAD)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.leocad
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 17:25:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Allan Bedford wrote:
Help!

O.K. as far as I can remember, from the work I did in LeoCAD last weekend, the
arrow keys move the selected part by 1/2 stud increments, unless the CRTL key is
held down.

However, as I'm working today, I'm noticing that the arrow keys are moving the
selected part by a full 1 stud increment.  I've gone over any of the settings
I've changed in the last few days and tried to undo them, but none seem to
restore the original behavior I was seeing before.

After more trial and error, I found the answer to this problem.

From what I can tell, the movement increments are not set on the Preferences
panel.  There is a display in the status bar called 'Move' which is a clickable
menu.  This isn't something I've seen before, so I wasn't expecting to find the
option there to change the increment units.  Not only can you drop it back down
to 1/2 stud at a time, you can ramp it up to 2, 3, 4... even up to 100 studs at
a time.

I went back through the Help documentation, but couldn't find this feature
mentioned.  At least I have convinced myself I wasn't going crazy.  Now if I can
just figure out how I changed it in the first place.  :)

Best regards,
Allan B.