 Administrative / General / 7597
Re: Trailing Slashes (Re: Stick in the mud...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 13:11:39 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Miller wrote:

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
Anyway, here's the situation:  I noticed today that in my browser's (IE5.0)
history, trailing slashes are not stored.  Since LUGNET requires the

This sounds like a bug in IE. <http://www.example.com/foo> refers to a
different thing than <http://www.example.com/foo/>.

Technically, yes.  Human-factors-wise, no -- most people see them as the
same.

Steve