 Administrative / General / 8767
Re: Stick in the mud...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 01:38:14 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Cary Clark writes:
Thanks for fixing this, Todd. One annoyance in Internet Explorer is that the
history captured in the Address text box does not keep the trailing slash.
So, even if I typed the slash by hand once, if I use the down-arrow to save
typing and go to the address I typed before, the trailing slash would not be
included and I would go to the re-direct page.

I wonder if this was the IE trailing-/ issue that ++Lar was referring to
last week.

Now, with your silent redirect, you work around this IE bug, and all is
right with the world.

It's too bad it was there in the first place, but I'm glad to hear it's no
longer an issue for you.

--Todd