 Administrative / General / 6840
Re: Stick in the mud...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 22:23:43 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
OK. Let us be 100% clear on this, are you saying that by gifting you this
money & by posting here, Brad/TLG is _not_ showing that he supports and
approves of what you are doing

That is really a question for Brad.

- and in a small way is _not_ encouraging you to keep up the good work.

True encouragement comes only from within.

By giving the money, assuming you have accepted it, LUGNET is now _not_
supported (I do not mean just financially), albeit in a small way, by
LEGO?

Brad Justus made "on behalf of The LEGO Company" a financial donation to
LUGNET.  Since I am not psychic, I cannot know whether it is the first or
the last, but I must assume that it is the only.  I certainly would _not_
say that LUGNET "is supported" by LEGO.  However, I _would_ say that an
employee of LEGO made a financial donation to LUGNET.

LUGNET is neither sponsored nor endorsed by The LEGO Company.

Todd, with respect, I do not think you have answered my question?
How are you defining "sponsored" & "endorsed"?

Off the top of my head:  to sponsor something is to provide significant
financial support and/or responsibility for it (by "significant" I mean a
significant percentage); to endorse something is to make an explicit public
statement of support of it.  It would take a written statement of endorsement
from the CEO of LEGO or a member of the executive team before I would even
consider taking such a statement seriously.

--Todd