 Administrative / General / 6832
Re: Stick in the mud...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 17:47:42 GMT

Scott A <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk> wrote:
What is the difference between the legal definition of these words & the
standard one? Educate me.

As I hope we all know, I'm not a lawyer. But:

Sponsorship/endorsement constitutes a special sort of relationship which
implies a level of responsibility. If Lego sponsored LUGnet in this sense,
they could be legally responsible for what goes on here. Giving (or
receiving) a gift doesn't necessarily imply or result in this level of
relationship.

Quotes 'R' Us                     --->               http://quotes-r-us.org/
Boston University Linux             --->                http://linux.bu.edu/