 Administrative / General / 6923
Re: Stick in the mud...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 22:19:50 GMT

Hrm... unless Brad made the donation from his personal funds, this last
sentence is probably not accurate. Since everyone is picking nits here, I
suggest the following rewrite to avoid Scott from jumping on it.

"However, I _would_ say that an employee of LEGO with apparent authority
to do so caused a disbursement of LEGO corporate funds to happen which
constituted a financial donation to LUGNET."

That's quite accurate.

[...]
In that light do you agree with the clarifying rewrite, or was it actually
Brad's own check?

That part is a bit fuzzy in my mind.  The bank draft (check) was not of the
regular LEGO type (for instance what they pay employees or freelancers with)
but was cut from an "operating account" and printed on a what appeared to be
an inkjet printer.  It bore the LEGO logo but did not come from Enfield.  It
was marked with an Enfield return address but was postmarked from New York.
Obviously it was not a personal check, but it may have come from a completely
discretionary pseudo-personal spending account.  Not that that probably really
matters much, but we found it curious.

Sounds like a check from Lego Direct to me.  I've never heard of such a
thing as a pseudo-personal spending account.

KL