 Administrative / General / 6930
Re: Stick in the mud...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 00:10:56 GMT

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote:
I'd go so far as to say the majority of users are "unaware" of this sort of
thing.  And it will remain that way, probably forever.  Have you seen lots of
print ads floating around that contain trailing slashes?

If I recall the spec properly, there *is* a defined special case where

   http://lugnet.com

is exactly equal to

   http://lugnet.com/

In fact, the first / isn't part of the path part of the URL.

Quotes 'R' Us                     --->               http://quotes-r-us.org/
Boston University Linux             --->                http://linux.bu.edu/