 Administrative / General / 6909
Re: Stick in the mud...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 19:49:05 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Miller writes:
Kevin Loch <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote:
What filesystem allows file bar and directory bar in the foo directory?

Yeah, I've been wondering this too. It's pretty longstanding practice in
unix that "ls /usr" and "ls /usr/" are going to get me exactly the same
thing.

For that matter, "stat /usr" and "stat /usr/" both get me the same thing....

And I'm relatively certain that the situation is the same in DOS/Windows...

More specifically try to create a file and a directory with the same parent and
same name.  It doesn't work on any operating system I know of (ok I haven't
tried it on a Mac).

KL