 Administrative / General / 6826
6825  |  6827
Subject:
Stick in the mud...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 14:36:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, Jeff Johnston writes:
Go check the lugnet.com main page.  It specifically states that
the gift is not believed to be a sponsorship or endorsement "in
a legal sense".  [...]

BTW, I just changed that passage from "...which is not believed to
constitute sponsorship or endorsement..." to "...which does not imply
sponsorship or endorsement..." (i.e., to remove the "not believed to"
portion).  When two top LEGO Systems, Inc. attorneys have said in no
uncertain terms that BradJ's donation does not imply sponsorship or
endorsement of LUGNET, that is about as certain as it gets.

OK. Let us be 100% clear on this, are you saying that by gifting you this
money & by posting here, Brad/TLG is _not_ showing that he supports and
approves of what you are doing - and in a small way is _not_ encouraging you to
keep up the good work. By giving the money, assuming you have accepted it,
LUGNET is now _not_ supported (I do not mean just financially), albeit in a
small way, by LEGO?

Scott A

--Todd

[xfut -> .admin.general]