  *87220 (-100)
  Cote Dor Christmas promo sets!

Hi, A friend of mine has just come back from Austria and brought me some Cote Dor chocolate with free lego! The pack is entitled 'Sinterklass mix' I have a number of sets including 2881 and 2887. Jason (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Praise from the US!!!!

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Mr D Leese (<Fn7o3n.2s6@lugnet.com>) wrote at 19:58:55 (...) Hey, Carbon! What do you want us to do? This one's your call, I think. (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: How to break up multi-dat files?

Currently MlCad scannes a .dat file on its first access and cashes its data, these data are used for the preview which is not a problem since the data of a dat file do not change (at least not for MLCad during run-time). But the sub-models you (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Sorry for the delay

To everybody who wants to know what happened to Seaborn Brick: I'm sorry that I haven't gotten around to getting a webpage up. It's just that I have been really busy (and sick) in the last 4 months. In October I was really involved with my sports (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: converting BMP's to *.DAT help

1 pixel of your image corresponds to one stud. Michael Michael Horvath wrote in message ... (...) correlation (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: R2D2 (DDK) with RCX : 2nd Look

Hi Everybody, The R2D2 beta2 version is online, with : - two touch sensors - one light sensor in its turning head Please forget the last URL, go directly to : (URL) : (URL) a nice day/night, - Christophe - (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Arctic Bonus Set 6569

Larry Pieniazek skrev i meddelandet <386105FE.40605D4E@v...er.net>... (...) What makes you think 'South Park' is only known to USians? What makes you think every USian knows 'South Park'? -- Anders Isaksson, with the flu, and the whole family in (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

  Re: 9v vs 12v in traction

(...) As for the 12v track, the motors have two conductors on the bottom, to coincide with the ones that run in the middle of the track. The weights are to make sure the electrodes will stay together. If the train was too light, they may not touch, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  4-piece cow heads

hi y'all! just wanted to share a mini-fig scale building idea. it occured to me after i picked up a #6706 ~frontier patrol, the wild west mini-fig set. even tho' i bought this set for parts (for my dastardly craigo-lego experiments, of course!), i (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Woo-hoo! I've been outed!

(...) Maybe you could paper your cube with Lego boxes instead. Not quite the same thing, I know, but it continues the motif! Dave! (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Transmission made from standard Technic parts

"Adam Ogle" <oglewood@lcs.net> wrote in message news:Fn7KKH.EtA@lugnet.com... (...) Can you explain this statement please? It sounds like you have a way to add pneumatics that turn your 2 speed transmission into an automatic transmission. If so I'm (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Techno-stuff Proximity Detector

I recently ordered and received two of Pete Sevcik's Techno-stuff Proximity Detectors and thought I'd pass along my impressions. First, I have no financial interest in his company except for having these two sensors which are under warranty. Second, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Praise from the US!!!!

Tony Priestman wrote in message ... (...) kind of (...) or (...) So, is it to be a tower (again) or a totem pole? And what dimensions are we working to? A totem pole certainly sounds like a good idea to me, but I'll have to get the dimensions now, (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 2000 sets at LLW

Neil Ford wrote in message <385E61DF.CE2C7EEF@b....co.uk>... (...) The reindeer have manes? Is this genetic modification from reindeer to lion, or horse, or something else? Rudolph, the genetically-modified reindeer, has an un-naturally shiny red (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Woo-hoo! I've been outed!

Too expensive - my computer tower cover ended up costing me over $100 by the time I got through, even though I had at least 30-40% of the parts to start with in my spare bricks stock. What I WANTED to do was cover several square yards of the outer (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Woo-hoo! I've been outed!

Too expensive - my computer tower cover ended up costing me over $100 by the time I got through, even though I had at least 30-40% of the parts to start with in my spare bricks stock. What I WANTED to do was cover several square yards of the outer (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: CNN just left my house

(...) When CNN comes to your neighborhood, I'm sure you can find plenty of ways to shoo them away. Until then, way to go, Greg!! --Todd [followups to lugnet.off-topic.debate] (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: First Lego League Software

(...) Just one question: In USA, the RIS 1.0 includes a Robolab? I buy mine in Brazil and it comes with one. []'z Zanette (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: CNN just left my house

Well, dagnabbit, I'm NOT glad they were able to find someone "local." I wanted 'em to come to Boston. :) Slightly Grinchy with envy ... Seriously, I hope I can catch the program. --Doug Wilcox -----Original Message----- From: Greg Williams (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Garage Door Parts for TRADE, parts wanted

(...) Actually, after looking at the Brickshelf scans, it looks like it has TEN - 4 on the bottom level, 6 on the top. WOW. (...) Thanks for the info! -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  9v vs 12v in traction

Several measures to increase traction for the 12v trains do not present in the 9v trains, for example the serrated tracks, the rubber bands on wheels, and the inclusion of weight bricks in the locomotive. Does it mean a 12v locomotive can pull a lot (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 Wide Train Pics

(...) Will you sell the plans to your 0-8-0??? Paul Sinasohn, who wants one.... bearitone@my-deja.com (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: CNN just left my house

Cross posted to off.topic.debate (...) hmm, that's neat, but I would have second thoughts about having the Communist News Network, or the Clinton News Network anywhere near my place, but that is just me! Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

(...) Magnificent! I know a couple of people who have been waiting for word on this. :) Thanks for offering up the sacrifice. (...) That seems to be exactly how it works--if you could run Brasso over a piece, it might take it away, but just having (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Web Hosting Questions?

(...) No matter who sets up your domain, you'll still have to pay internic $35 a year to keep your domain registered (your first bill will be $70 for the first 2 years). As for site hosting, I've found Interland (www.interland.net) to be about as (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: När kommer katalogen?

Det verkar finnas lite i on-line-katalogen på lego.se; (URL) finns nästa års Exploration Mars där. Jari (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.se)

  WTT for Space Helmets

I am looking for old style space helmets in: (2) blue (1) white (1) yellow I have town minifigs and pieces or minifig assessories to trade. Take a look on my web site for what I have. (URL) Hill ghill@execpc.com (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: NELUG meeting report from 12/16/1999

(...) Yes. That's why I used the word "member," not "chaperone." As you point out, I really brought up two separate problems that limit the participation of some people in NELUG: the first because they _have_ children, the second because they _are_ (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Transmission made from standard Technic parts

Check my page. I have wanted to do the same thing, but didn't know how. So I looked up a model in the encyclopedia and go the general idea. The transmission I made doesn't need a clutch, because when it shifts, it has a little delay between the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: Thanks for the welcome

(...) I found this joke and the others in Brad's post really fun... I guess because I didn't expect the intelligent humor. I think TLG picked the right person to communicate with this online group of (fill in your favorite term to describe this (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: ZDTV and Legos

I mean the (URL) for the confusion. After I wrote the message, I got to thinking how I explained it. On Internet Tonight, it was fan pages for toys. They had just about all the major toys. I thought it would be neat to tell everyone. -- Legoer, Adam (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Exploration Mars

(...) progettare (...) il (...) logo (...) cui (...) archivio?". (...) Nel thread consigliato da Mario ci sono tutte le informazioni necessarie, se ti serve qualche altra informazione non esitare a chiedere ;-) Ora è uscita l'ultima versione di (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Correct Castle 6098 (not 6091)

(...) Well, yes and no... It DID have a connection point, BUT it only had ONE connection point (the left hand side looking at it straight on) so you couldn't create an enclosed wall... The other thing is that the battlements on that side are (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Constructing Bay Doors

I just remembered this cool-as-heck space station built by Brian Ward. It had some pretty cool bay doors. Even though it is a ground facility, you could probably make it fit on your ship: (URL) "I'm Crazy Tetherball Head!" Majewski (URL) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Correct Castle 6098 (not 6091)

(...) 6081 King's Mountain Fortress is a baseplate castle, but it had attachment points for the other modular castle sets from that era... J (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Technic sub-assembly instructions from LEGO websites

Building instructions for the following Technic sub-assemblies (robotics not required): aerial tram, small crane arm, two wheel agile vehicle, turning vehicles with differential gears, grabber, motor mount, beam connections (perpendicular and (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Garage Door Parts for TRADE, parts wanted

(...) Additions to the set list ... 6394 has 6 white 1x14s, used just as beams. 6374 has 2 white 1x14s, 4 clear slats and 3 blue slats, but no bottom slats despite the confusing illustration in the instructions. Chris (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: My web page to be discontinued (for now)

(...) I'm from Penn State, but I'm currently living in Pittsburgh--does that count? Dave! (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit)

  Re: Correct Castle 6098 (not 6091)

(...) IMHO I think that 6085 looks better. The black gives it a dark moodiness. (...) pool, (...) I did'nt like how the back wall was so I put a tower on it. It is a bit weak on defence and soldiers. (...) modular! (...) whole (...) laid (...) the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My web page to be discontinued (for now)

(...) Hey Chris, Thanks for the info, it looks like my account will remain active longer than I had thought. I should have a new place set up for my Lego page before the current page disappears. (Although it usually takes me longer to do something (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: CNN just left my house

Cool Greg, I'm glad they were able to find somebody local. Thats great!!! Keep us up to date on an air time if you hear of one. James Greg Williams wrote in message ... (...) to (...) fan (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Constructing Bay Doors

(...) I own only three of those huge 1/4 blue dome things, two from the Exploriens base, one from the Spyrius base. But, still, that's enough for 3 bays. Remember that posted message ["Re: Ship Power Core"] that had that link to a site with a (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Idea per ELF. Riassunto.

(...) Per la cosa + robotica pensavo di far fare un coretto ai robot partecipanti, cambiando il software senza smontarli. Potremmo fare anche altre cose ma non troppo complicate perché l'orchestra (o coro) finale deve essere costituita dagli RCX dei (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Viewing DAT files from my browser?

(...) Yes you can, by using LDLite. LDLite is a windows DAT file viewer that runs off your existing LDraw parts library. At the moment, Paul Gyugyi's LDLite page is down as he tried to get his site back online. I thought there was an ldraw.org (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: ZDTV and Legos

(...) Adam, Do you mean the LDraw Model of the Month (URL) or Cool LEGO Site of the Week (URL) or something else? --Todd (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Idea per ELF. Riassunto.

(...) NO, Red-Green-Blue. RGB ;-) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  ZDTV and Legos

I was watching ZDTV a few minutes ago and on Internet Tonight, the were showing fan pages. Near the end, they had the Lego Cool Site of the month. Just mentioning what I saw. -- Legoer, Adam Ogle (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: H-Town has 'Em!

(...) Same goes for me. I've been to TRU, Target, and a couple other places, and there's no sign of 'em. I got a Christmas check for $100 all ready for them. :^) ~Mark (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: You're welcome for the thanks (was Re: Thanks for the welcome

(...) Yup. Larry's a good egg, and has possibly the best business sense of anyone on Lugnet(1), but this particular member of a motley rabble doesn't call him boss. 1:but that kind of thing is difficult to ascertain from a newsgroup James (URL) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: CNN just left my house

(...) GREAT! Let us know... I will keep an eye out for your post. Eric (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Woo-hoo! I've been outed!

(...) Jeez, Tom! Why don't you just make your cube out of Lego? Dave! (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Idea per ELF. Riassunto.

Idee carine. Possiamo parlarne e vedere di sviluppale. Mi piacerebbe però rendere più "robotica" l'orchestra, e ideare qualcosa che sia stimolante ed impegnativo da costruire... (...) Giallo, rosso e blu, vuoi dire. Mai provato, ma credo che la luce (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Woo-hoo! I've been outed!

Hehe, I don't HAVE to drop it into conversations - my obsession hits people like a ton of bricks ;-) (URL) a look at my cube and my computer. And those pics are quite out of date, I have at least 25% more Lego here now ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  CNN just left my house

You probably saw James' posting on CNN doing a spot on LEGO. It is going to be part of a weekend long special about the millennium, called something like 100 hours of the millennium. They came to my house and filmed me programming, building and (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group?

(...) Ugh, I would rather have it say generalized, can you imagine the misdirection's you can get into? You were supposed to post it in space.mtron instead of space. I say keep it general! Whatever the great Todd Lehman decides! Scott S. ___...___ (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.town)

  Re: How old are you?

(...) < SNIP > One might go as far as to say that all sets are "for ages XX and up" without any ceiling on the age. The www.lego.com site allows a catalog search by age where they put an upper limit on the age. To bad... According to them I am too (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: DUPLO Animals (Was Re: What lego animals are there?)

(...) one. (...) Other than the crown, there is also a distinguishing tail. However, I never saw hens and roosters without a base. Can you point me to these? (...) dozen (...) You mean a dozen different tigers? I only saw one kind. (...) Never saw (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: 8837 oddity.

Some pneumatic technic sets come with clear tubing instead of the light grey. My 8862 Backhoe and 8042 Universal both came with clear tubing where grey was shown on the box and in the instructions. I'm not sure why TLC did this. It seems that the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

I think the whole idea of telling Lego which bricks to make available in bulk is kind of silly. Playmobil makes virtually every piece they produce available on an individual basis, even the little $.05 pieces. While I do think that there should be (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: THANK YOU

No, thank YOU for finding all of these sets for us! BTW, if you can find any of the sets on my Garage Door Page ( (URL) ), I'd want them - depending on the price, maybe MANY of each. I'd even take used ones if you run across any: 6369 6382 6383 6384 (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  just another brick in the wall

ragazzi... Oggi è stata veramente triste senza nemmeno un post in loc.it C'è di che sentirsi come un povero mattoncino rosso solo solo... inutile... (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: General Box #5

Sorry for the delay, I had to repack the stuff in a new box, and figure out WHAT in the heck to put in it. I've gotten so DANG many boxes in the mail/UPS lately that I almost lost the GB box in the loose packing from all the boxes. I will admit, I (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

I'd like to add my brick wish-list and an idea. First the list: The lion-head bricks in the new castle sets are one of the best ideas lego has had in a long time. Now if I could only get them in the two greys, black, and white. The stained-glass (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group?

(...) Actually, Town has about 20 "sub-themes," doesn't it? Everything from Arctic and Divers to Natucia, Outback, Paradisa, Launch Command, Time Cruisers/ Twisters, ResQ, etc... (...) What do the die-hard Town folks (TonyK, etc.) think about (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.town)

  Re: Solaris & legOS

(...) -- ,,,, /'^'\ ( o o ) -oOOO--(_)--OOOo---...--- | Ram Meenakshisundaram | Senior Software Engineer | OpenLink Financial Inc | .oooO Phone: (516) 227-6600 x267 | ( ) Oooo. Email: rmeenaks@olf.com ---\ (----( )---...--- \_) ) / (_/ (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How old are you?

Hi! Well. I think the profile is cool. TLG should stop mentioning that "age" related fact on the RIS box. I think the RIS is no restriction for a tinkerer at any age. But I was also wondering if there are any women in the lugnet.!! And here is (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Error in 2000 Technic catalog

Excuse me if this has been posted, however I could not find any. There appears to be an error in the 2000 Technic catalog. Page 5 shows the Millenium throwbot (8520) but the number and name reference on the picture is 8500 Torch. Torch is the red (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) EEEK! Don't have him go to those places-- TLC will get ideas and then we'll *never* be able to afford bricks! ;-) -John (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Garage Door Parts for TRADE, parts wanted

Thanks, guys - I just started working on that list about 3am today, and was just running through the thumbnails on Pause, so I'm sure I've missed some. I didn't see it in the 6597 thumbnail, that's why I missed it. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Woo-hoo! I've been outed!

Today at work we did our "Secret Santa" exchange, with an unspoken $10 limit on gifts. I was stuck when I tried to come up with a small gift, because, due to my need for instant commercial gratification, most things under $10 that I want I've (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What are the *REAL* Y2K sets?

Ever since I saw the 2000 catalog, I haven't been able to get this out of my head. This is off-topic (Y2k-wise) and completely tasteless, but how about: #1812 Alive! (250 pieces) Set includes complete soccer team (some as skeletons), airplane (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

<snip lots of good ideas (...) I guess we can make room for a Barbarian Horde :-). It would work well with the new 2000 sets anyway. (...) I would say that at the moment we need a little of everything although the only castle that has been mentioned (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) Actually... I like that! (...) Yep! Definitly a good idea... I could easily contribute a Bull's Attack, 2 Catapult Crushers, 2 Axe carts, and the little siege vehicle from 6098 as well... (not to mention 11 Moo Men...) Plus any more that I (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) I guess the only thing that worries me about King Leo's Castle is is it going to be underscaled compaired to the rest of the city? I really don't know so any input there would be helpful. (...) sections (...) build (...) something (...) (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us)

  RE: How old are you?

However, you are ignoring that several of the people who responded mentioned that they share in their Lego robot projects with their children. I know I've seen 4 years old and 9 years old mentioned.... It would be a little odd for 0-9 year olds to (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  2000 LEGO at Tigard, Oregon TRU...

The Subject heading says it all. Jeremy Rear PNLTC (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.or)

  Re: How old are you?

(...) Note that this data is slanted towards older people, because of the tone of the thread. I'm 24, which isn't excitingly young or old, so I didn't bother to post. You might do better with: <URL:(URL) and/or <URL:(URL) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Correct Castle 6098 (not 6091)

(...) Hard to include 6085 without including 6080.. they're almost exactly the same structure, just different colors... they even put the jail cell in the same corner of the castle! As far as 6090 being the best though, I don't know... I've always (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: IR Control

(...) [snip] (...) only (...) You have a point. A simple RCX interface that just keeps the IR tower alive and really only needs the functionality of the IR remote control, perhaps with motor power variability would be perfect. The ability to kick (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: How old are you?

Hello. My name is Steve and I'm an AFOL. (sounds like A.A.) 0 pinball machines 1 school bus (used for transporting ATVs) 2 ex girlfriends that each took a bunch of my legos (and I keep rebuilding, so to speak) 3 or 4 years away from legos (late (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How old are you?

I'm 25. I made a graph and stats of the current data: Lego Users Ages 12 10 ## numb ## ## of 08 ## ## people ## ## 06 ## ## ## ## 04 ## ## ## ## ## ## 02 ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## 00---...--- 00 10 20 30 40 50 60 09 19 29 39 49 59 up Ages (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: DixieLUG gathering

I'm available any time for a DixieLUG gathering, so if others express a preference as to the date, I can probably show up. eric (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) Yes. Actually 2x4 bricks in any color. If we could get the per piece price down to around a 2-3 cents a brick, this would do amazing things for what we could build. I could definately see putting orders for a few thousand of these at a time. (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 8837 oddity.

(...) Hmm... I don't think so. They're are silicone rubber and almost nothing can damage them. (...) Yes, they're actually nearly black. I should have said black. (...) Oh yes, sure. I forgot it. Are you sure it's thinner than the other tubing? I (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Longest MOC

(...) "good (...) I don't know whether or not I'll be able to make an entry, but I'm thinking of a design that will be long and thin... I might be able to get an honorable mention for "greatest length/parts ratio" or something.. :) -- -Bones- = (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Longest MOC

(...) approximately 80-100 studs long. I had the suspension, exterior and interior completed up to the first level. Once I got to the second floor of the vehicle, I got frustrated and tore the whole thing down. I have also partially built a space (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Technic pieces (was Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions)

I'd really appreciate being able to order technic pieces in shapes and sizes. Actually, I don't mind the 'service pack' system for a lot of these things. #5229 is a great set, for example. (If only it came with a slip-clutch gear....) And it'd be (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

* Standard Bricks and Plates in all available (at least more natural) colors, like brown, green, gray and tan. Colorless Transparent would be nice, too. * Tiles as above. * Sloped bricks (of all available variety) as above. * Circular and round (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: My web page to be discontinued (for now)

(...) Hi Joe! Wow, I graduated from Pitt about a year and a half ago. I never knew there were other Lego Fans there. Pitt generally gives you six months use of your account after you graduate, and any websites based off that account will be active (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  RE: How old are you?

Just turned 38. I have never owned a pinball machine, but I did own a Missile Command video game. I love that first generation of video after Atari pong....Scramble, Missile Command, Asteroids, Galaxia, Pole Position. I can't stand the current rave (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I've got a Destroyer Droid!

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Huw Millington (<Fn5syy.B7I@lugnet.com>) wrote at 20:25:54 (...) Ooh! Sorry. Congleton. But they only had the one AFAICT. It's a marvel of design, but not entirely robust or reliable, at least in my implementation :-) The head (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) How about Teal and Purple. (...) With all due respect to the Train Window folks I like this idea although I was hopeing to get bricks, plates, and slopes in the first shot and then go for the more specialized parts like window, doors, trees, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  My web page to be discontinued (for now)

Hello everyone, This is a general message going out to anyone who might have links or bookmarks to my Lego web page. I have just graduated from the University of Pittsburgh, and this means that my current web page found at (URL) disappear whenever (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  Re: Does Anyone Know Where Pix Are? HELP!!!

(...) If you want to see some close up scans (600 dpi) of the inset images, go here: < (URL) > Jeff (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Solaris & legOS

Hi, I am new to legOS and I want to try to use solaris as the legOS platform. What is the current status of legOS running under Solaris?? Anyone successful with it?? So far, I got the latest version of GCC & binutils compiled and got legOS 0.2.3 (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) I might not be able to buy in quantities of thousands or more, but I'm sure some of my wish list items are desired by others as well. Here are a few items that I would be interested in: Conical and Pine shaped trees : hundreds Monorail up/down (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Garage Door Parts for TRADE, parts wanted

As is 6597: < (URL) > Jeff (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) <John' wish list snipped> How about we start simple, with basic bricks? 1 x 1/2/3/4/6/8/10/longer? 2 x 2/3/4/6/8/10 But, make up for the simple selection of shapes by offering more *colors* - red, white, blue, yellow, black, grey, green, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Transparent Yellow -- dead or alive?

(...) I believe it is also used in the new soccer sets for the stadium lights. troy (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: CLSOTW voting

(...) voting (...) Does this include directory names as well? I have a simplenet account, and in an effort to keep my Lego stuff seperate from other stuff on the site, it is all in the troy.simplenet.com/lego/ directory. Would this prevent me from (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

Skipped 30 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.pun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact