 Space / 790
Re: Longest MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 15:35:38 GMT

I'm thinking of savlaging several components to see if
I can get an entry for the MOC contest. I think I could get an award for • "good
effort and almost complete."

I don't know whether or not I'll be able to make an entry, but I'm
thinking of a design that will be long and thin... I might be able
to get an honorable mention for "greatest length/parts ratio"
or something..   :)

--
-Bones-
= http://www.necrobones.com/        = NecroBones Enterprises

Duane Hess wrote in message ...
In lugnet.space, Greg Majewski writes:
In lugnet.space, Bill Jackson writes:
Out of curiosity, what is the longest ship anyone has ever built or is
planning to build?  Other than my ship's 350 studs, the largest I've • heard of
is 250, or 7 feet.

I've built a surface vessel that was about 80 studs long, which is the • biggest
thing I've ever built, but I know, it's puny by many others' standards. I • wish
I would've finished the thing, I was almost done with the exterior when I • tore
it down. That happens a lot with the stuff I build.
Greg "They click? Is that all?" Majewski
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/abs.html

I know what you mean. I have partially built a surface vehicle that was
approximately 80-100 studs long. I had the suspension, exterior and • interior
completed up to the first level. Once I got to the second floor of the • vehicle,
I got frustrated and tore the whole thing down. I have also partially built • a
space ship which was about 90 studs long and 30 studs wide. The same thing
happened. I had the inside and most of the outside complete with • retractable
landing gear and equipment. I've mostly disassembled the major portions of • the
ship. (actually it pretty much disassembled itself while moving it from
upstairs to downstairs). I'm thinking of savlaging several components to • see if
I can get an entry for the MOC contest. I think I could get an award for • "good
effort and almost complete."

-Duane