 Space / 783
Re: Longest MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 06:30:52 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bill Jackson writes:
Out of curiosity, what is the longest ship anyone has ever built or is
planning to build?  Other than my ship's 350 studs, the largest I've heard of
is 250, or 7 feet.

Hello,
I wasn't going to say anything before it was done, but since you
asked I decided to participate.

I am currently working on a 375-400 stud long ship
is divided up into 3 major sections:
front - holding bay
middle - modular attachment neck
back - crew/controls/engines
It will be about 200 studs wide including the engines,
and is currently 40 bricks tall, but once the control tower
is finished it will be around 75 bricks tall.
I am about half done, and with Xmas break now going, I
should be done in 2 weeks...  I will post pics on my
website of course.

Why such a big ship?  not to compete against anyone but myself.
I wanted to see how large I could make a ship.  and I was inspired
by some Lugnetters' ideas to incorporate a modular room section.

cheers!
Joel