 Administrative / General / 3923
Re: Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 17:23:10 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mark Lindsey writes:
I was wondering if we could get an Arctic themed posting group?  The Town
group has only two subthemes, and I would like to see more.

Actually, Town has about 20 "sub-themes," doesn't it?  Everything from Arctic
and Divers to Natucia, Outback, Paradisa, Launch Command, Time Cruisers/
Twisters, ResQ, etc...

What is the
procedure for getting new groups?  Please let me know.  I would really like
a Divers posting group as well, but since it is not brand new I doubt that
it would generate as much interest as the Arctic theme.

What do the die-hard Town folks (TonyK, etc.) think about offloading the
Arctic traffic to a subgroup?  Good thing, bad thing?

Probably, if there's gonna be one subgroup, there ought to be subgroups for
all the themes in all the systems created all at once across the board (i.e.
themes within Space (Blacktron, M:Tron, Ice Planet, etc), Castle (Forestmen,
Royal Knights, Dragon Masters, etc.), Pirates (Islanders, Imperial Guards,
etc.), as well, and also subgroups like DUPLO Dinosaurs, DUPLO Toolo.

--Todd