 Administrative / General / 3936
Re: Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 00:30:01 GMT

Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote:
Mark Lindsey <markwars@fcmail.com> wrote:
I think that the more specific we can be the better. Many have expressed
disgust at seeing so many postings only vaguely(sp?) associated with a
particular topic and this could resolve that problem.  If I want to know about
one particular aspect of a large theme like Town or Castle I could find it

To express a contrary opinion -- there IS an optimal level of subdivision,
and if you go beyond that, you end up with lots of small, empty groups. NNTP
does have threads, after all. If it's in the "town" section, and it says
"fire truck" and you're not into that, skip it.

Yup.  That's how I deal with .general - I skip probably 1/2 of the
threads.  Don't see why I couldn't do the same in .town or .castle
if things drifted into subthemes in which I had no interest.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/