 Administrative / General / 3935
Re: Language slipping?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 00:30:17 GMT

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999 16:47:19 GMT, "Christopher Lannan"
<shakguy@hotspammail.com> wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Jasper Janssen writes:

You do know what "funk" was, before the 70's arrived, don't you? Look
it up..

By the way, I just looked it up at websters online, besides the popular music
meaning, they also had some stuff about being afraid- like being "in a funk"
That was it. Is there another meaning they didn't list. I would imagine it has
something to do with things of an "adult" nature.

Merriam Websters' either thinks the meaning is obscene, or that it is
not general enough..

PG advised, the faint-of-heart may look away now.

The meaning I was referring to that I've seen it used as is, how to
put this delicately.. the liquid which results when females of the
human species get, uhhh, "excited".

I never said it was a particularly _nice_ meaning.

Jasper