 Administrative / General / 3898
Re: Language slipping?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 16:32:05 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Christopher Lannan writes:
Here's some more random thoughts- Strong violence is "ok" for this group, the
recently posted pictures of the battle of Yellow Castle showed 'figs getting
decapitated. Srtong sexual content is not ok- what if someone posted an
illustrated Kama Sutra with 'figs as the models? (Hmmmm.... idea)

If two people are making out heavily in a park people make disgusted sounds
and say things like "get a room." If two people start fighting in a park a
crowd gathers.

Welcome to the odd, sexually repressed reality of America.

General rule:  "You can't show bare breasts on network TV.  (Unless
they belong to a woman being tortured by Nazis.)"

Seriously, our puritan culture has hang-ups about graphic portrayals
of sex that it doesn't have with graphic portrayals of violence.  I
personally know which one I find more obscene, but that's neither here
nor there.

I don't mind keeping my language G rated (or at most, PG rated) here
on LUGNET.  We can talk about adult topics (if the need arose)
without using vulgarities.

By the way, people have already done explicit LEGO pages
before, I think.  Or at least discussed their naughty dioramas.  I
recall one user (hi Minx) of RTL describing her home-made S&M
dungeon ....

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"