 Administrative / General / 3924
Re: Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 17:28:06 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, David Eaton writes:
Well, the two subgroups that exist at present are already separate groups
apart from town...

Huh?

(By chance do you mean Trans and Boats?  They're not actually part of the
LEGO Town System, even though they're both "town" with a lowercase 't'...)

so I'm guessing that would make Arctic a group in and of itself,
outside of town... And I don't think that really applies... Unless you
want subgroups of town like Fire, Police, Res-Q, Racing, Outback, etc.
Hence you'd have lugnet.town.arctic and lugnet.town.fire, etc... And if
so, would this also imply other subgroups in other groups? I.E.
lugnet.space.blacktron, lugnet.castle.royalknights,
lugnet.adventurers.amazon, etc?

Yeah, that's how it would go, to fit the existing structure.  It's gonna
happen sooner or later anyway, especially at least as subcategories on the
website for info & DB purposes.

--Todd