 Administrative / General / 4066
Re: Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 11:54:51 GMT

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000 21:49:39 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:

IF some sort of magic that let me read (and post) to one group instead
of the hyperdivisions could be devised, maybe. But it's not doable,
think about it!

Sure it's doable. It's not necessarily cxompatible with the RFCs, but
it is doable.

Simply have every request for .space conflate .space.* into one
newsgroup, and have everything posted to it automatically be
crossposted to all subgroups.

Whether it's a good thing or not.. I don't really think so.

One obvious problem is going to be group "lugnet". Not so much to
regulars who know what to do, but to newbies, that hefty chunk of
downloading could put them off altogether.

Jasper