 Administrative / General / 4061
Re: Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 00:24:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller) writes:

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
IF some sort of magic that let me read (and post) to one group instead of
the hyperdivisions could be devised, maybe. But it's not doable, think
about it!

I think it could be implemented on the server with a minimum of fuss.
Assuming that all subgroups should be included in groups higher up (is this
a good assumption?) it'd be easy to rewrite the Newsgroups line to
automatically crosspost to the more general groups. So when posting, you'd
pick the specific group, and it'd automatically be included in the more
general.

yasure, then what happens when you start a thread posted to lugnet.foo.bar,
and it's automatically crossposted to lugnet.foo,lugnet.foo.bar, and then
when it gets too bar-esoteric, you set the followups to lugnet.foo.bar?

--Todd