 Administrative / General / 4069
Re: Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 16:47:15 GMT

Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote:
and la. When posting a new article to an umbrella group, unless there
is an x-post to non-umbrella group specified, the server rejects the
post. Simplicity itself, nah? :)

Yeah, that's a good idea and would do a lot for making the system work.
You'd probably want to have a lot of ".general" groups....

So we can have
lugnet.themes.town.minifigs.postmen
lugnet.themes.town.minifigs.bakers
lugnet.themes.town.minifigs.telecoms-engineers
lugnet.themes.town.minifigs.ISP-geeks • [snip]
This one is very much an example, BTW, in case you hadn't guessed ;) .

Hey, y'know, I wasn't serious when the idea was first proposed. But now I
kinda like it. Whatdya say, Todd -- wanna throw the entire status quo into
chaos for the sake of a better system for the future? *grin*