 Administrative / General / 3931
Re: Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 20:54:21 GMT

I think that the more specific we can be the better. Many have expressed
disgust at seeing so many postings only vaguely(sp?) associated with a
particular topic and this could resolve that problem.  If I want to know about
one particular aspect of a large theme like Town or Castle I could find it
quickly
I for one second this notion. Specifically, I was thinking of requesting a
Ninja theme. I look through the Castle group every so often to find postings
on the subject, but hardly find any. I have no preference on whether this
should be a castle subgroup or a group of its own.

Actually, in general, I like the ideas of theme subgroups, because if your
message is general you can't put it in the general Town or Castle group.
However, if it is specific to one interest ala blacktron in space or ninjas in
castle, you can hit a more specific audience.

Just my two cents,

Craig Livingston