 Administrative / General / 4080
Re: Message-ID lengths (was: Re: Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 20:33:37 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
OK, the script finished running, and the average Message-ID length is
29.8346 characters, and the smallest of the set was 19 characters, and the
largest of the set was 104(!) characters.

Heh. Ok, so it might be reasonable to have something that does a mapping,
for the sake of the poor humans. :)

Anyway, back to the previous topic, I don't think that figuring out a way to
virtually coalesce groups in an NNTP hierarchy on the server is the biggest
fish to fry right now.

Probably not. Just one that happened to intrigue me. And now, it's All
Figured Out in case you want to implement it in the future. :)