 Robotics / 9333
Re: CNN just left my house
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 20:19:37 GMT

Well, dagnabbit, I'm NOT glad they were able to find someone "local." I
wanted 'em to come to Boston.

:)

Slightly Grinchy with envy ...

Seriously, I hope I can catch the program.

--Doug Wilcox
-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Williams <gregw@mindspring.com>
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Date: Thursday, December 23, 1999 12:48 PM
Subject: CNN just left my house

You probably saw James' posting on CNN doing a spot on LEGO.  It is going • to
be part of a weekend long special about the millennium, called something
like 100 hours of the millennium.  They came to my house and filmed me
programming, building and running a Mindstorms robot.  They also got shots
of me browsing the internet, and I gave www.lugnet.com as being the best • fan
site to use.  I used NQC to program my robot to follow a line, then avoid
the paper map, not fall off the table, and seek out a light source.  They
also got some shots of my set collection in the basement.  You might see
some good closeups of my space, castle and aquanaut sets.  I don't have the
exact time the show will air yet.  Once I know I'll post the update.

It was great fun playing on camera!