 General / 12647
Re: Woo-hoo! I've been outed!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 17:49:20 GMT

Hehe, I don't HAVE to drop it into conversations - my obsession hits people like a
ton of bricks ;-)

http://people.netscape.com/toms

Take a look at my cube and my computer.  And those pics are quite out of date, I
have at least 25% more Lego here now ;-)

Dave Schuler wrote:

Today at work we did our "Secret Santa" exchange, with an unspoken $10 limit
on gifts.  I was stuck when I tried to come up with a small gift, because, due
to my need for instant commercial gratification, most things under $10 that I
want I've already bought myself!  On a whim, I suggested the Landspeeder set
(since the 2000 sets weren't yet available here, and I didn't know the prices)
as well as several other possibilities.
  Well, my Santa chose Lego, and as a bonus got me the Speeder Bike set.  I'd
already had the sets, of course, but it's nice to have extras!  There can now
be no doubt 'round the office of my Lego interest!
  It's doubly nice because, while I'm obviously not "ashamed" of my hobby, I
didn't know how to drop it into conversations.  Now, with the Speeder on my
desk, I'll have an easy way in if anyone asks.

     Dave!