 Robotics / 9322
RE: How old are you?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 15:55:10 GMT

Hello.  My name is Steve and I'm an AFOL.  (sounds like A.A.)

0 pinball machines
1 school bus (used for transporting ATVs)
2 ex girlfriends that each took a bunch of my legos (and I keep
rebuilding, so to speak)
3 or 4 years away from legos (late teens)
34 years old
Always an 'Expert' builder.

When I was 13 I entered a contest at a local toy store where you could bring
all your Legos and you had 2 hours to build something cool.  (it was part of
street festival)  I build a car chassis with all the standard gadgets,
electric motor(4.5v), two speed (manual) transmission w/reverse, steering,
working (square) pistons, shocks, doors, trailer w/winch, boat w/electric
motor (would not work in water).

It was one of the things that I had built many times, and then pushed it
down the stairs to see how durable it was, then picked up the pieces and
re-built it.  I never could come up with a good suspension system for the
front end.

I always dreamed of getting the auto chassis
(http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=956-1
<http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=956-1)> ) but there was no way I
could afford something like that when I was 13.  But, now I can pretty much
get what ever sets I want.

This summer I was walking through the toy department at K-mart with my
girlfriend, we saw the Throwbots.  Imagine how happy I was as I was trying
to decide how many I was going to get, when she said, "If you don't get
them, I will."  Now, we're engaged and we have a full set, with the
exception of Millenia, the newest one.

Lego's are cool.

</steve>