  *68309 (-100)
  New newsgroups lugnet.robotics.edu & lugnet.edu

lugnet.robotics.edu and lugnet.edu have just been created. For background information on how these came to be, please see the following messages and related threads: (URL) <-- especially this one (URL) <-- and this one (3 URLs) new discussion groups (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.edu, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.edu)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.robotics.edu )------

Welcome to lugnet.robotics.edu, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.robotics.edu (group): Learning and teaching with robotics: LEGO® robotics in the classroom; investigatory projects and project learning; project questions, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.edu)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.edu)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.edu )------

Welcome to lugnet.edu, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.edu (group): Broad educational issues and meta-topics for teachers, students, engineers, classroom volunteers, mentors, hackers, hobbyists, kids, and anyone who wants to learn (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Chaining multiple RCX's output to input

I use two resistors in series with the motor (one between the + side of the sensor port and the + side of the motor, and the other between the - side of the motor and the - side of the sensor port). That allows the additional advantages that: - the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!

(...) Depending on the wheels/tracks your bot has, and the surface it moves on, there is often a good chance that you will experience slippage, i.e. the bot will be blocked but the wheels/tracks are still moving. Bumpers are a decent way to (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Tattoine Rebel Soldier :)

Dennett wrote in message <199910281114170010....te.net>... (...) My personal favorite is simply putting Luke's head on Darth Maul's body/cape, add yellow hands with the hood and you have Luke meets Jabba. "You will take me to Jabba now..." (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Looking for the Tine Dairy Truck (#1029), among some other items...

Okay, since the only way LEGO makes decent-looking Town vehicles anymore is through promotional sets (*sob*), I'm looking for a #1029 Tine Dairy Truck. I'm entertaining reasonable buy/trade offers (including the immensely popular #3438 McDonald's (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: new pieces (was Re: Wot no RCX power connector?)

Sorry ... www.legoworldshop.com --> USA (Go) --> Lego Mindstorms --> 3803 RIS Upgrade Kit --> produces: ***...*** 3803 Robotics Invention System Upgrade Kit Note: This product requires the Robotics Invention System™ Ages: 12+ Price $ 24.99 The set (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: More powerful motor (was: stuff)

(...) On Sat 16 Oct, Stephen Unwin (Me) wrote: (...) also there is short-circuit braking which will also come into play during PWM pulses (...) Forget that! (it does work but it can be simplified). Assuming a separate supply again for a more (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Double echo

Hi Ralph, (...) Yea, no stack-hungry applications... Just to be sure, do you plan to add an automatic stack boundary alignment to HAT word? I think it could be a good solution. And memory, you are right, with Forth we have enough memory ;-> (...) (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Check out the SW website!!

(...) with (...) LOL :) (...) I almost puked when I saw that picture. The Lucas Arts' Mara, like I said is 20x better. Just go to the JK II MOTS page on their site. She actually looks cool, but this person, well that's a whole nother story... Ryan (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Tattoine Rebel Soldier :)

I was messing around with my SW figs, trying to make cool Rebel Soldiers. I came up with this one. It would make a good desert soldier. Tan legs, brown hips, Hoth Soldier torso, tan arms, any color hands, brown backpack(from old Imp Armada sets), (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Tattoine Rebel Soldier :)

I was messing around with my SW figs, trying to make cool Rebel Soldiers. I came up with this one. It would make a good desert soldier. Tan legs, brown hips, Hoth Soldier torso, tan arms, any color hands, brown backpack(from old Imp Armada sets), (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: "Improved" Web site!

(...) I can't believe that you could just scoop armfulls of Lego into you bags!! That is incredible!! I am sooo...ooo jealous!! I'd part with vital organs for that oportunity!! ;) Now that the sillyness has worn off, maybe we'll see some more (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  antwoord van Lego Nederland (Dutch)

Beste LEGO fan, Bedankt voor je E-mail. Wat wij u kunnen vertellen is dat in de eerste week van november de MINDSTORMS Robotics Invention System in Nederland verkrijgbaar zal zijn, dit betreft de Nederlandse versie 1.5. De richtprijs voor deze LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bulk Sales Proposal - Please Read

(...) I'd be up for fairly large quanties of several parts in the SW sets at the right price. Tiles and macaroni bricks for sure. My willing-to-pay price might be lower than some (I'm sure of it) but for popular parts like that it wouldn't matter. (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: ORANGE @ THE BRICKYARD!!!

(...) No reason for chagrin. I'm glad you had the picture, I just wanted to whine a little because I got all excited over silver macaroni bricks. :D (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Different fonts in webpages

(...) If you really prefer that font, why not make the titles in that font into low-bandwith gif files? (Images of text are easy to get down to less than 2Kb.) --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com ---...---oooo-----(_...o---...--- WWW: (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Idea for Parts replacement to be more efficient

Dear LEGO, I recently ordered some replacement parts for some Playmobil Advent calendars that I have. I wrote them an email, with sets and part numbers. They emailed me back within a week , stating that they had processed my request for parts and (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  RE: Double echo

(...) There are no "tasks really, just a big loop that executes a bunch of opcodes...I'm paraphrasing here. The memory waste issue isn't that big a deal. The average distance to a boundary is 128 bytes, right. Say we allocate a 32 element data stack (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: Scout secrets revealed

(...) Looks like Eric got his batteries recharged at Mindfest! Hmmm, if we have pre-programmed abilities in the Scout, maybe we can make networks of scouts to make a distributed control system? Think of a conveyor system with a scout driving the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bulk Sales Proposal - Please Read

Well, how many people would like to see a SW parts store? I have the capital(SP?), and if there enough people willing to buy the parts (I might go straight sale over auction), I would consider doing it. I am pretty good at sorting, after all. Scott (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: NELUG at Mindfest - Signs and Information that would be nice when presenting in public.

(...) Or you can get to know someone in the painting industry, and get canvas dropcloths for stunningly cheap, occaisionally even nicked-out-the-backdoor- for-free kind of cheap. And latex paints work just fine. That's how we cover our shields for (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Ideas for New VW Bug in Lego

Well, I know what you can use after you build it! (URL) :) J/K. I detest that car, but you might try some of those 1x2x1 curved parts, there are a few in of the newer Town boats (1995) era, I think. It had a blue, yellow, and red one. Hmm..... You (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MindFest coverage

(...) I was just reading this article and suddenly I realized how I am so glad to have this unique opportunity to put some real faces in all the "virtual" faces I created of you in my head, so I could visualize you while we exchanged ideas. Thank (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  More on the mindfest stats - updated stats

I think I figured out perhaps how my traffic for the Mindfest pictures got so high! ---...--- ---- A Deluge of NELUG Chris: Kevin Loch brought to our attention a page of photos from the incredible NELUG (New England LEGO Users Group) display at (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Questions regarding a conceptual cargo elevator.

(...) technic realy is. I think I'd like to explore a solution using a worm drive. Could you possibly tell me what sets I might find these components in? Thanks again, Steve (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Using ROBOLAB with FIRST LEGO League

If your kids are using ROBOLAB in this years FIRST LEGO League, I've written a replacement for pages 27-36 in the Official FIRST LEGO League 1999 Rule Book, replacing ROBOLAB for RCX Code for Section III Practice Exercises... Its probably a little (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Dungeon Master's Castle / Black Knight's Castle?

(...) Nooo... the dungeon master is a grey-bearded fig in black cap, black leather jacket, black pants... and a whip. Sorry, couldn't resist! I have a used set of this castle too (my auntie found it for me in a thrift store in the UK) and it is (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.castle)

  2x2 turntables needed

I need a few of the 2x2 turntable plates, with the bottom (square) piece in red and the top (moving circular) piece in grey.. I also need the antenna from the old (early 70s) coast guard set (its a milky white color, but not as white as most white (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: ORANGE @ THE BRICKYARD!!!

Mike, (...) Sorry about that, got conflicting labels from our search and decided to use both... that's why the image is there: to clarify. Chagrined, Gene @ The Brickyard (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Mindfest Panel: Robotics in the Classroom

(be warned - this is a long posting about Mindstorms in teaching) (...) Dear Ben, Thanks a lot. I liked your speech. Marcus and I were really sad that we could not come. At least I now got a little peak into one of the subjects that has my great (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Last Call for Adventure movies poll

(...) I like that one, too. I remember getting swamped while river rafting, barely escaping with my life, lying on the shore gasping for breath and saying NOTHING was going to get me back into that river, when I heard a very polite but pathetic (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: HELP with DAT files!!

(...) Arg. Yep, you're right. My goof. My apologies to J-Man. Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Last Call for Adventure movies poll

(...) I recall this as a T.V. series, but then I remember a number of the Republic movie serials (the Rocketman was the favorite of all the neighborhood kids) as "T.V. series". All I really remember about Jungle Jim is Weismuller in khakis diving (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Last Call for Adventure movies poll

(...) {{SNIP}} <grin> The version of this definition that I recall from some time spent hiding in Vietnam is: 'Adventure (or exploration) is the process of travelling to beautiful, exotic lands to find new and extremely messy ways of becoming dead.' (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: NELUG at Mindfest - Signs and Information that would be nice when presenting in public.

(...) Yup -- but note that they -do- look better in the photos than they do in real-life, since they weren't professionally printed. Here's a webpage with more background... (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.org)

  Re: HELP with DAT files!!

(...) No, no, no! SET LDRAWDIR=C:\LDRAW /Tore (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Last Call for Adventure movies poll

Someone once defined adventure as someone else having a hard time a long ways away. What an adventure! :-) I have a Congo African Grey parrot. Just take the gray Lego parrot and slap some red paint on its tail feathers and thar ya go! Bruce (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: adventurers villainess

(...) the (...) read (...) one). (...) Only made it as far as the first book in that series, which was pretty much the end of the line for me as far as Anthony goes. Bruce (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: "Improved" Web site!

(...) Cool! You took a picture of the SS Tan'ngrey! :) Folks, this was one cool-looking ship, IMHO, and David built it at breakneck speed (read about it on David's page :-). It looked like something carved out of an asteroid, with wings attached. It (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Bulk Sales Proposal - Please Read

Adrian Drake <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message news:FKBqBL.7FM@lugnet.com... (...) browns, (...) makes (...) Luke (...) Actually, I just sold a bunch of mini-figs on eBay and the Luke minifigs (both rebel pilot and tatooine varieties) sold just as (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: adventurers villainess

(...) Ahhhhhh, don't you mean I have an opinion about everything, which is not quite like knowing about everything? :-) In fact, I have three computer sitting on my desk at work, so if someone is talking about something, I just go surfing to find (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: NELUG at Mindfest - Signs and Information that would be nice when presenting in public.

(...) (alot (...) Have any of you heard of the canvas floor clothes that craft people make. Or know any crafters. I made a parade banner years ago when I worked for Domino's pizza, it was 4ft long by 8ft wide. You can get the canvas at just about (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.org)

  Re: adventurers villainess

(...) Yeah, except for Incarnations of Immortality. In that series, you can just read the first book (_On a Pale Horse_), and maybe the sixth (um, er, the Satan one). Steve (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: RIS 1.5 vs RIS 1.0 software reviewed

Uh, I am pretty sure I saw "Reset Rotation" just a few minutes ago. And I have a "first ship" 1.0 set. --Jack Gregory Tilman Sporkert <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:NBBBJMHNNJPIKOM...esw.com... (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Dungeon Master's Castle / Black Knight's Castle?

(...) Heehee, so the Dungeon Master is a nerdy minifig who's probably in college or high school and loves computers? ;) [runs away before D&D people can catch him... but knows he CAN'T run from DM's... they control the whole game! DOH! An orc army! (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Hobbies (was: Re: NELUG at Mindfest - Signs and Information that would be nice when presenting in public.)

(...) That's a great list. It's interesting also to come at it from different angles. Square dancing presumably serves the noble purpose of socializing and exercising, while basket weaving can produce useful results (as long as the baskets are (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.org, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  part ID please

Sorting out space parts in regard to my other FOTW post, can anyone ID the following piece please? It is a large blue 'display wall' that has LL2079 written across the top and a picture of a space rocket pointing towards a moon, plus an astronaut (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Questions regarding a conceptual cargo elevator.

Take a look at my machines on my home page. I am sure you will get an idea or two from them. Let me know if you have any questions. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Link <slink@gte.net> wrote in message news:FKBz48.3rz@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic)

  "Improved" Web site!

Why just '"improved"'? Well, because the pages are still pretty devoid of graphics and doodads... it doesn't even have links back to the main page! I should put those in. Ok, now they're in. Anyway, it features never before seen pictures of the MIT (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2000 A-Wing comments

(...) schematics (...) Is the difference between TLG and Lucas Lucas' desired measurments and TLG's actual ones?? (...) Your A-Wing just rocks :) (...) "ekki ekki ekki ekki f'tang b-bmblwow...ni.." (I think I got *it* right) -Tim (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: adventurers villainess

(...) the (...) Bruce you never cease to amaze. You know about EVERYTHING!! I feel so small and uninformed next to your gigantic intellect and encyclopedic wisdom. ;-) Cheers, Mark L (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: More scale questions (Was: Scale of Lego)

(...) Other model railroading scales: TT 1:120 OO 1:72 Outside of model railroading: Car models: 1:24 Military Models: 1:35 Military microminiatures: 1:285 Wargaming: 15mm (about 1:120) 28mm (about 1:64) 54mm (about 1:33) Naval miniatures: 1:2400, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: adventurers villainess

(...) With Piers Anthony, follow the rule of two: He often has intriguing concepts, so buy book one of a series. He often explores the concept successfully in the second book. The third book usually marks a steep decline in quality that only gets (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: 2000 A-Wing comments

(...) Let's compare it to mine! Weee! (...) Jeff: 25 studs (...) Jeff: 14 studs (...) Jeff: 18 studs (...) Jeff: 6 studs (back part is 4, like in the "real" one) (...) Jeff: 14 studs (...) Jeff: 11 studs incl. thrust vector control (...) Jeff: 4 (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dungeon Master's Castle / Black Knight's Castle?

(...) Ahh... ok... Yeah, that's kind of what I'd expect, but with the TWO yellow wall sections, and the fact that I never seemed to see it anywhere, I thought maybe it was something that went for several hundred dollars :) DaveE (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 'Minifig World Tour' i Sverige

Hej alla LEGO-fanatiker ! Anders skrev och frågade om det finns några grannländningar i den här gruppen. Jag vill annonsera att jag kommer att följa den här grupp, så länge har finns tal. I finska grupperna det har varit bara en annan människa för (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Questions regarding a conceptual cargo elevator.

Hello, Im relatively new to technic, but I wanted to design a working cargo elevator for one of my space projects. the idea is to use a 32 x 32 plate as the elevator floor. Im not sure if im using the correct terminology for my explanation to (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Where did the SW 2000 pics come from?

Do we know who sent those SW 2000 posts to www.rebelscum.com? If it's someone here, any chance you could post higher resolution scans? Esp. the B-Wing is hard to make out. -John Van (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2000 A-Wing comments

In lug (...) Just wanted to get my 2 cents worth in as well. As far as I am concerned the sets are basically fine. Granted they are not to exact scale and such, that is what building your own version from the ground up is for. I mean if one thinks (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dungeon Master's Castle / Black Knight's Castle?

6086 is a great set. Its priced about the same as 6081, 6085, 6080 and 6073, if that helps. -- Have fun! John Auctions and Trading and More at my Lego site: (URL) & IG88888888 on AOL David Eaton wrote in message ... (...) have-- (...) these (...) (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Scout secrets revealed

I tried a little experiment on this.... The Scout light sensor can be "trained" by turning it off and then back on in a low light environment to show it what a low light reading is. Note: this can also be done by turning it on while a bright light (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: adventurers villainess

(...) Glad to know there are others out there. I haven't really read any since about the 18th one or so. Someday my children will be grown, sigh... Ah well at least I have time for lego. Mark L (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Utah Legomaniacs group name voting

(...) I vote for WAFOL. Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ut, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ut.slc)

  FOTW - I find out today I had a FOTW 6 months ago! - I found I bought a 493, a 918 and a 497 withou

about 6 months back at a car boot sale I picked up a large box of lego for £30. What really caught my eye was the fact it contained a ready built 6274 - carabean clipper and ready built 6276 - eldorado fortress, both with instructions but no box. As (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Last Call for Adventure movies poll

(...) and (...) Craig, I can speak from experience on this one. I was in the Republic of the Congo for a six month vegetation survey two years ago. While the river basin is stunningly beautiful it is at the same time one of the most inhospitable (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Group to discuss Teaching Lego Robotics?? lugnet.robotics.teaching ???

(...) Right on the dot! Early this year I suggested that such a group could be included at some point and time. Maybe that time has come now. Play well! Franz-Michael S. Mellbin --- Franz-Michael S. Mellbin E-mail: fischer-mellbin@fisc...ellbin.com (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.events)

  Ice Planet Lot on EBAY

Ice Planet Lot on EBAY LEGO ICE PLANET COLLECTION (Space) (URL) price of $0.01 (now $16.52) & No Reserve (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Dungeon Master's Castle / Black Knight's Castle?

(...) these (...) for (...) I saw a few of these go by, when I was actively monitoring eBay. I've managed to get my hands on two (maybe three? i'm not certain) for my collection. It's a sweet set. Yellow half-timbered walls, 'Black Knight' (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dungeon Master's Castle / Black Knight's Castle?

(...) Trademark Issues. Dungeon Master is trademarked by TSR, the makers of the Dungeons & Dragons RPG. I assume TSR asked Lego to change it. Jeff "Ni!" (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Inexpensive Hand-out Cards (Business-Card Size)

(...) Here's a page with some test photos I showed to Eric before printing up large batches of cards -- I wanted to get his permission/blessing first: (URL) ended up printing the cards double-sided because I thought I'd run out of card-paper before (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.org)

  Re: More scale questions (Was: Scale of Lego)

(...) So far, that's: G scale = 1:22.5 - 1x4 brick = 2' 4" long Minifig scale = 1:42 - 1x4 brick = 4' 4.5" long O scale = 1:48 - 1x4 brick = 5' long S scale = 1:64 - 1x4 brick = 6' 8" long HO scale = 1:87.1 - 1x4 brick = 9' 1" long N scale = 1:160 - (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: A-wing

The thickness is just right. It's the length and width that are 30-40% low, giving that chunky look. -John Van jamie hickey <jamie1123@webtv.net> wrote in message news:FKA8J5.A2I@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dungeon Master's Castle / Black Knight's Castle?

(...) Well, I've seen most of one on eBay.... I won it. It wasn't advertised as such though. Major problem though - the yellow walls are missing. My guess is that this may be part of why you don't see them. They may get broken up for those yellow (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: adventurers villainess

(...) So he became an ion? ;) (...) I am, but I haven't had a chance to read any of his recent Xanth novels, unfortunately. Jeff "#$*@!" "Oh no! It's the Mummy's Curse!" (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: 2000 A-Wing comments

Kevin Knoot <Kevin-Knoot@uiowa.edu> wrote in message news:FK9p1n.BDp@lugnet.com... (...) A-Wing (...) that (...) such (...) the (...) the (...) length (...) the (...) Here are my calculations of the ideal -v- actuall dimentions of the A-Wing. They (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Mechanics of proxy bidding?

(...) One thing you need to decide is if a proxy need only meet the bid which causes it to be re-submitted, or to beat it by a bid increment if possible. It looks like you're planning on the 2nd. The way I would be inclined to handle the situation (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Dungeon Master's Castle / Black Knight's Castle?

Ok, I was going through catalogs to see what castles I have and don't have-- one of the major ones that I'm missing is 6086, "Dungeon Master's/Black Knight's Castle"... And it occurred to me that I haven't ever seen one of these go for auction... I (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LEGO store in Georgia

(...) Its at the North Georgia Outlet mall in Dawsonville. Just north up GA400. (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: Last Call for Adventure movies poll

(...) oh! and how can you look at set #5976 ~river expedition~ and not think of john huston's classic, "The African Queen"(1955)!? the boat driver even resembles bogart! this is another gorgeous movie, filmed on location in the belgian congo. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: McDonald's LEGO Happy Meal program

(...) Bring 'em on! :) Jeff "Albatross!" (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Update Auction Sets from the 70's, Edition 3

* * * Sets from the 70's: Edition 3 * * * Set Name St Bid Bidder 365 Wild West Scene - 150 hao-yang 369 Coastguard - 60 min. 371 Sea plane - 40 hao-yang 376 House with Garden - 40 hao-yang 377 Shell Station - 35 hao-yang 617 Cowboys - 15 min. 6363 (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Dragon Magazine comics, again! (Was: Lego in the Onion!)

Stupid me, I forgot to direct this to .off-topic.fun. :( Jeff (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Scout secrets revealed

(...) I seem to remember some wristwatches a few years ago that you could download information to by holding them up to the computer monitor. To program it, you didn't actually have to drag the watch in front of the screen -- you could just keep it (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What type of metail are LEGO 9V tracks made of?

(...) ever (...) Neither do I what they are made off. What i know is that you can easily solder on those rails, something that was impossible with the 12V rails !! Ludo (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Steep Sloped Corners

(...) While examining the pictures of the new Star Wars sets at www.theouterrim.com, I noticed that the MTT (middle one in this picture: < (URL) >) appears to have some (4?) of the 2x2x3 corner slopes. Because of the washed-out color of the pic, it (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: McDonald's LEGO Happy Meal program

(...) There are over 25,000 Mickey D's worldwide but I am not sure about stateside. Mark L (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: McDonald's Promo Set #2

(...) Hm, time to create an apartment building? (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.general)

  Re: McDonald's LEGO Happy Meal program

(...) One of the articles I saw mentioned them building 13,000 of those things. Thats awfully large amounts of Ronald McDonalds. I suspect you could get some inexpensive labor to build them, and it wouldn't take too long, though. Assembly line LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: McDonald's LEGO Happy Meal program

(...) Ooh! Ooh! I'll do it! I'll do it! I wouldn't mind the monotony, and it can't be *anywhere* near as boring as my current job. :) Jeff (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Ball joints and the 8440

I had an e-mail form DYA shopping, about the 8440 Formula Flash. I would like to get this set because it looks like it has some good ball joint parts. Does anybody have good or bad opinions about this set? I would also like to know what the best (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: ORANGE @ THE BRICKYARD!!!

(...) brick, is it? Not like the two gray ones that come in the landspeeder? This is more like (or exactly like) the curved exhaust pipes in 5541, right? Now silver 2x2 macaroni bricks would rock. (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: 4x2ReVu: 6977 Arachnoid Star Base

(...) I think there's only five dark grey struts (an oh so useful number). (...) Give the SW line some time, they may do it--I'm just hoping for non-UFO grey though! (...) It's also $35 at a Wal-Mart around here--I'm waiting for it to go down (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.space, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: no minifig in my Island game

(...) I almost got Loco during the KBKids.com clearance, but I picked Chess instead. I figured at worst I would end up with a chess game that looked cool, along with the king minifig. Still haven't opened it to install it yet, tho... (...) I didn't (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.general)

  Diana's train auction, update 9

Sorry for the delay in updating the bids, we had a problem with the computer yesterday. Welcome to Diana's train auction Updates are emailed to all bidders and anybody requesting to be on the mailing list. set condition varies. n = new in box. b = (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Last Call for Adventure movies poll

(...) that (...) min., (...) Alright Craig, now I have to go back to the video store! It seems everytime you or Bruce post about this topic I have to go rent more movies. At least there are a lot of good ones though. I am particularly intrigued by (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  (canceled)

Skipped 9 messages in groups lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact