 Organizations / 20
Re: NELUG at Mindfest - Signs and Information that would be nice when presenting in public.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 22:42:35 GMT

In lugnet.org, Jodi Neal writes:

4.  It would also be nice if we were able to get a nice big banner with the
NELUG Logo on it to hang from the table.  We did have a paper one thanks to
Todd that was about 8 1/2' x 22'.  This was great but I think even bigger
(alot bigger) and on canvas would have been nice.  I may look into having a
nice one made up for us in the future.

Have any of you heard of the canvas floor clothes that craft people make.  Or
know any crafters.  I made a parade banner years ago when I worked for
Domino's pizza, it was 4ft long by 8ft wide.

You can get the canvas at just about any fabric store, and you can use special
paints to put the letters on.  Or for something lighter and easier to store, a

Or you can get to know someone in the painting industry, and get canvas
dropcloths for stunningly cheap, occaisionally even nicked-out-the-backdoor-
for-free kind of cheap.  And latex paints work just fine.  That's how we cover
our shields for SCA fighting.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/