 Organizations / 23
Re: NELUG at Mindfest - Signs and Information that would be nice when presenting in public.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 15:42:42 GMT

In lugnet.org, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.org, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.org, "Jodi Neal" <LunaTarlun@Prodigy.Net> writes:
The cards I saw in the mindfest shots looked great!!!  were they the ones
that were done at home???

Yup -- but note that they -do- look better in the photos than they do in
real-life, since they weren't professionally printed.  Here's a webpage with
more background...

   http://www.lugnet.com/temp/cards/

Todd, they look pretty danged good in person.  We were wondering where you
found a print shop to make them up on such short notice...

OK, I guess they aren't really that bad -- and I didn't really mean to
suggest that they looked "bad" at all -- I just meant that they looked
better in the photos, because the pixels blurred together more nicely.

It was an inexpensive 600x600 dpi color printer (HP DeskJet 722C) which
printed them, and at my last job, I learned to spot extremely small defects
in high-resolution laser-printed pages since I was writing and working with
software that did that sort of thing for several years.  Bottom line I guess
is that they served their purpose.  :)  :)

--Todd