 Adventurers / 291
Re: Last Call for Adventure movies poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 22:08:24 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
Someone once defined adventure as someone else having a hard time a long ways
away.

{{SNIP}}

<grin>  The version of this definition that I recall from some time spent
hiding in Vietnam is:  'Adventure (or exploration) is the process of
travelling to beautiful, exotic lands to find new and extremely messy ways of
becoming dead.'

Cheers,

Roger
MACV 69-72