 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 154
RE: Double echo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 23:00:39 GMT

Hi Ralph,

The memory waste issue isn't that big a deal. The average distance
to a boundary is 128 bytes, right. Say we allocate a 32 element data
stack for a small task, which is typical. If allocating the 65 bytes of
stack puts  us through the boundary, we just ALLOC up to the boundary and
then allocate the stack.

My maze walker (unoptimized) took about 4K of space. There is PLENTY
of space left. Let's optimize HAT when we need to....

Yea, no stack-hungry applications...

Just to be sure, do you plan to add an automatic stack boundary alignment to
HAT word?
I think it could be a good solution.
And memory, you are right, with Forth we have enough memory ;->

We can do this. We have individual control of the LCD segments. How about:

Aha, you can control LCD segments directly through the port, right?
Did you try it?

|_| |_ |_
| |_ | |

or something like that!

Wow, that's would be really cool!
Let's do it!
(and here you are, ready logo for pbForth - like this picture with NQC on LCD
;)

BTW, looking in ROM listing recently I just realized that there are a lot of
useful data there.
For instance, could be nice to see current type of the sensor or mode of the
motor, etc.
Something like SENSOR_TYPE@, MOTOR_MODE@, ...
What do you think about this?

Sergey