 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 155
RE: Double echo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 01:40:28 GMT

Just to be sure, do you plan to add an automatic stack boundary alignment to
HAT word?
I think it could be a good solution.
And memory, you are right, with Forth we have enough memory ;->

I think I can add auto stack stuff before the weekend.

|_| |_ |_
| |_ | |

or something like that!

Wow, that's would be really cool!

I did it, it works.

Let's do it!
(and here you are, ready logo for pbForth - like this picture with NQC on LCD
;)

BTW, looking in ROM listing recently I just realized that there are a lot of
useful data there.
For instance, could be nice to see current type of the sensor or mode of the
motor, etc.
Something like SENSOR_TYPE@, MOTOR_MODE@, ...

Yes, but hopefully if you set the mode, you wont forget it too quickly! :-)

Here are the new words for the next release:

RCX_ECHO - a variable, initially 0
RCX_EMIT ( x -- ) same as EMIT except it checks RCX_ECHO to see if it should
actually send the character. I replaced every EMIT in ACCEPT with RCX_EMIT, and now
any old dumb terminal (I use CRT from www.vandyke.com) will work!
LCD_4TH ( -- ) puts the little splash screen on the LCD!

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com