  *568836 (-100)
  The Cinema

Hey again AFOLs, Yeah, I've been busy. So busy that I've saved up posting about my Town MOCs. You may have heard me mention that I picked up a few town plans and put them to good use. Well, here my second offering from the set: The Cinema. (URL) (...) (15 years ago, 18-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) Connection != collision. I do think LDD could still know about studs and axles and ignore hulls. On the other hand... Geoffrey Hyde wrote: (...) Well, this is a CAD software, and I expect everything to be perfectly aligned to a 1-LDU grid, (...) (15 years ago, 18-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  TRU sale June 19-25, IJ 20% off

TRU flyer good from Friday June 19th until Thursday June 25th. "20% off all* Indiana Jones LEGO *excludes clearance and video games. Selection varies by store. All items on this page are available online." It shows 7628 Peril in Peru reg $74.99 now (...) (15 years ago, 18-Jun-09, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Rectifier

(...) Doing so I introduced a bug appearing in small rectangles (side<1). Corrected in version 1.3 (URL) (15 years ago, 18-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) It may be a bit off but... it works! (...) ...NXT programming language and firmware in version 2 switched to floating points... for the best and/or for the worse ;o) (...) I have no true information here, but I believe this is simply (...) (15 years ago, 18-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

"ivansanchez" <ivan@sanchezortega.es> wrote in message news:KLE94G.Ezw@lugnet.com... (...) I have to disagree with your assessment of that: (URL) LDD lets me do that, beautiful! I don't mind a gap or two, in fact given it happens all the time in (...) (15 years ago, 18-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

(...) Of course. I'm at work right now, but I'll try to remember to send you a copy when I get home. Nothing fancy, the only trick was getting the spacing and the "stiffness" right. Did you already grab the MPD file from my Brickshelf page? Besides (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  The Flower Shop (A Green Grocer Variant)

Hey again fellow AFOLs, Here's something else for your consideration. The Flower Shop. (URL) Here's a close up look through the front door. (URL) Here's a look at the roof and the back balcony. (URL) And here's a peek into the upper floor (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: I'm Back

(...) Välkommen tillbaka. Som Anders Isaksson skriver så är det tämligen dött här nu för tiden. Praktiskt taget allt svenskt LEGO-snack har istället flyttat till relativt nystartade Swebrick ( (URL) ). /Johan LEGOBloggen: (URL) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

(...) It's on its way. Jetro (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Brickworld - WGN Broadcast

(...) -Snip- That's awesome! Good for Brickworld! Although I live in New Jersey, my cable system carries the WGN-TV channel. I will keep an eye out! Good luck! Eric Sophie (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) Gee, thanks :-) (...) free space between the black gear and the 1/2 stud bush. I've nudged things a bit and got this: (URL) wrong anyway - if you center the camera on the axle for the black wheel and zoom in, you'll see that the axle is (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: 8527 manual, instructions

(...) Here: (URL) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Mesh Enhancer

(...) You've got mail. w. (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

(...) Jetro, same story as for Eric. It would also be helpful if you could provide an example where the synthesis is used. Feel free to mail the file to my private email account. Thx! w. (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

(...) Hi Eric, Great work! Could you please provide the LSynth.mpd part to be included with the other synthesis? May I further take portions of your v-8.mpd file and modify it for the example page? Credit will be given. w. (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Shop @ Home Phone Specials for Wednesday, June 17, 2009, to Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Item #10177 Boeing 787 Dream Liner Retail Price $79.99 Sale Price $49.98 Item #TS-67 Club T Shirt Adult S/M/l/XL Retail Price $14.99 Sale Price $9.98 Item #7048 Castle Troll Warship Retail Price $79.99 Sale Price $59.98 Item #852125 Holiday Greeting (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) Excellent trick, thanks for bringing it to our attention! (...) Your rotated gears seem perfectly placed, I was able to fit properly connected beams around them: (URL) it would appear that the problem is that LDD's collision engine is a bit (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) That'd be me :-) Using the "unzip the .lxf" technique explained here... (URL) I managed to rotate and offset the bricks at will, so it's possible to position them just right. It seems that offsetting the gears by 7.5mm and 1.1mm, they seem to (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:KLDtB0.Bv7@lugnet.com... (...) From what I and a lurker here figured out in a few emails to each other, it would appear that the problem is that LDD's collision engine is a bit (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) Same thing here. I was able to mesh Z36 with Z12 and "almost" z36 with z20. All other combinations that obviously works fine in real world failed. Philo (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

To TLG: I have found that there is a problem with the two gears, which LDD refers to as "double conical wheel", included in LEGO Factory. These are described in the LDD Factory palette as "double conical wheel Z12 1M" and "double conical wheel Z20 (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Town Hall - Full Duplex

Hey all, It's been some time since I've posted anything about what I've built, but I think that what I have done lately speaks for itself. What am I talking about? Well, I picked up a few 10184 Town Plans, and put them to good use. What you see here (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: 8527 manual, instructions

(...) There's a Dutch, German, French, Japanese, English and I think Italian version. However, the localization depends on where you buy it and if you can get the set where you live it will probably be in English (as it is in Spain). There's a (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Brickworld - WGN Broadcast

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover Thank you again for registering to attend Brickworld this year! We are looking forward to a dymanic event this weekend. To kick things off, we just received final confirmation that WGN-TV will be visiting (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Brickworld - Exhibit Setup Information/Logistics

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover With only a couple days to go until the big event, please take note of the following information for setup and takedown: Location: The Westin Chicago North Shore 601 N. Milwaukee Avenue Wheeling, Illinois (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: The LEGO Group to Participate in NMRA National Train Show 2009

(...) Sweet...Jamie was great when he was here in Chicago for Brickworld last year!!! Have fun! Bryan & Adam (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

(...) Eric, This is awesome! It is exactly why I moved the definition of what can be synthesized out of the code and into lsynth.mpd! I really appreciate people sharing their additions, and especially Willy being the owner of lsynth.mpd. (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Act 2; Scene 2; Henry IV Part 1

(2 URLs) MOCpages (no enlargement neccesary)> (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

(...) Great news. Thanks! Jetro (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

(...) By the way Willy, you might be interested to know that I have added a part to the lsynth.mpd file to allow me to synthesize a flexible chain of round plates which I used to make this exhaust manifold for a (URL) V-8 engine>. (URL) It worked (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: Mesh Enhancer

(...) I could never get mesh enhancer to work right, but the Anton Raves library does have the part you mention. In that library it is referred to as stwa_r2d2_head. I created the following ar_0553.inc file to use this with LGEO: #ifdef(ar0553) (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  8527 manual, instructions

Hello Can anyone tell me about those? Does the set comes with both? Which languages are available? And does it come with a powersupply, do I need an adapter (being in Estonia, using standard european plug) WBR Sonnich (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Mesh Enhancer

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone could point me towards a copy of Mesh Enhancer. All links on LDraw are obsolete and broken. I have a 2x2 dome dat in serious need of smoothing, and a rendering looking worse for wear. Any help appreciated. Cheers (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  another one ...

hi, (URL) cheers, didier (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Assembled parts, ~ and categories

(...) Hi folks, since there is no opposition to this request I'm gonna unhide the 208 currently at the PT: (URL) since we are here would you confirm that the lenght of the chain has changed over the years form 17.25 Studs to currently 16 Studs and (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

(...) Hi Jetro, it'll be a pleasure including them. According to peeron: (URL) name is going to change to "FIBER_OPTIC_CABLE_WIDE" though (not the most meaning full to underline the difference with x401 but it'll do the job). w. (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LDDP Coplaner Checks

(...) Heartfully agree! Philo (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDDP Coplaner Checks

(...) Hi Orion, short answer: No, move them out. Don't create confusion with different tests and stick to the specs. w. (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

(...) Hi Tim, looks like the job is yours. w. (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

(...) Hi Tim, thx for the nomination but regretfully I'm going to decline. I do not believe that one person should occupy too many chairs within the community: "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDDP Coplaner Checks

Now that the coplaner quad is defined in the LDraw spec by planer normals, the dist and det checks used by LDDP (and L3P) are now outdated. I think these checks should be removed, are there any users out there that would like to see them stay? (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mirror matrix question

(...) --snip-- (...) You are right here. In 3D it gets a bit more complicated and, as far as I know, a mirror and rotation corresponds to a mirroring on a plane and a rotation within that plane. I'm sure there is a way to unravel it all but it's (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Pirate ship deal (Brickworld funds)

So, you're coming to the Chicago area for Brickworld and want a LEGO deal. Here you are........ 2 new in the sealed package #6243 Brickbeards Bounty pirate ships. $120.00 cash and I toss in 2-#7620 Indiana Jones Motorcycle Chase sets! 4 NIP sets (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: 127,000 bricks in 110 seconds!

(...) Scott- No admission required, either, to see the flag since it's in the lobby. It's a wonderful venue for most anything. It's a popular place for weddings and even proms, so having a big SCLTC show here come fall/winter is not really a (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  LD4DStudio 1.1 Beta 1 Available

I finally completed LD4DStudio 1.1 Beta 1, You will find it on (URL) version introduces a whole boatload of changes and additions, see the release notes section for a complete overview. (URL) also updated the manual and added some technical (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: 127,000 bricks in 110 seconds!

(...) Wonderful venue for the flag Ted, I will definately get out there to see it (nice that I work 5 minutes away). Scott (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: Mirror matrix question

Hi Kevin, Here's the problem. A mirror plus a rotation can look just like a mirror across another axis. Ugly 2D ASCII art example: .|b --- .|. Mirror the b to the left. d|. --- .|. Rotate 180 degrees. .|. --- .|p That looks just like you mirrored (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  train MOC needed for Brickfair: Washington DC, August 2009

Hi Train Builders, We have a town MOC registered for Brickfair called Alpine Village and would like an operating 9V Alpine train MOC to complete the scene. We are set with track and the controller. If you are interested in building a Swiss mountain (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mirror matrix question

(...) Hi Tim, Thanks. Math is not my specialty, so all help is appreciated. If the user has rotated the mirrored submodel, doesn't the vector normal then also get rotated? The hope was there was a way to separate the mirrored aspect of the rotation (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  The LEGO Group to Participate in NMRA National Train Show 2009

As part of the National Train Show on July 10-12, 2009 in Hartford, CT, Jamie Berard, set designer of the newly released 'Emerald Night' and employee of The LEGO Group (TLG), will participate as part of the show. Jamie will be giving a talk on both (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated  [DAT]

(...) Thanks. I'll use that one then. Let me take advantage of this thread to suggest the inclusion of another element in the lsynth mpd: the Fibre Optics Cable x400. This is the one that came with the RCX, Spybots and several Exoforce sets, has the (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Mirror matrix question

(...) You can also use SR 3D Builder to build your mirrored/symmetric models. You build a side and the program will build the other, mirrored one. It automatically substitute and rotate non symmetric parts and is compatible with lDraw/MLCad file (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  STX Europe ship built by LEGO Bricks competition (winners)

STX EUROPE Competition posted on LUGNET last year. (URL) STXEUROPE-Blockdoker> Here is the winners of the competition. Plus the Jury picks of other designs by other people. Winner of the (URL) Oasis Category> design Thilo Schön. Winner of the (URL) (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: Mirror matrix question

(...) Not sure if this helps but... If you solve (M11+1) x + M12 y = - M13 M21 x + (M22+1) y = - M23 and then normalise the vector (x,y,1) the result will be a vector normal to the mirroring plane. To test that you indeed have a rotation/mirror you (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Wanted: Picture of LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet� design.

(...) Oh, I almost forgot to mention, your MOC looks absolutely incredible!!! Mark (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wanted: Picture of LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet� design.

(...) Awesome! Thanks, Mathew!! That's exactly what I wanted to see. I think what I'm building is shaping up to be quite similar, although I'm waiting on parts from the UK. Those darn 1x1x2 corner window pieces are hard to get now. I had to order (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wanted: Picture of LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet” design.

(...) Hi Russell, Thanks for the tip! I really appreciate your help. Mark (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) Way back in olden times we created some programs to automate the mirroring process. (URL) anyone feel like testing the programs out to see how well they hold up with all the new parts available today? Don (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mirror matrix question

(This should probably have been in lugnet.cad.dev, and I almost put it there, but decided that it wouldn't make much difference.) I don't know the answer to this question. I'm responding any, just to let you know that I did read the question, since (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mirror matrix question

(...) I don't think so. (...) What if you mirror it again to get back to an unmirrored state, then run the code in mirwiz to create a submodel that only looks mirrored (but actually just flips pieces to look mirrored and substitutes opposite wedges, (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO® set 10197 - Fire Brigade

(URL) Pictures> on Eurobricks David (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Has Anyone Tried This and Will it Work?

(...) Clifton, The problem with using a gutted 9v motor is the friction. The motor has a lot of side sprung friction for the electrical brush power pickups. I've been successful making power pickups using the ealy style 9v wheelsets. (URL) These (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wanted: Picture of LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet� design.

(...) Thanks Russel. Mark, I did pretty much the same thing. The model that Russell pointed out was the first thing I built after coming out of my dark age, and my first real train MOC. If I were to do it again, I might use the nose from the Alaska (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) I'd say that a nice temporary solution would be just to allow a simple stud shrinking option for L3P generated studs and let people deal with LGEO separately. LGEO has less problems in this regard anyway as many of the parts are created as (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

(...) Jetro, The biggest, most important change between LSynth 2 and LSynth 3, is that the bulk of the synthesized result is defined by lsynth.mpd, so that Willy and others can add whole new synthesis types without the need to change the lsynth (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

(...) Maybe I'm looking at the wrong installer version, but when I run a case and whitespace insensitive diff I see lots of real changes. New constraints and synth types, orientation and part offset tweaks, etc. Right near the top of the file there (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Mirror matrix question

Hi gang, If I have an LDraw Type 1 line that adds a submodel, and the rotation matrix of the line is a mirrored matrix about one and only one axis, can one calculate which axis the model is mirrored about? Can one do so if the user mirrored *and* (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) Well, scratch that analysis. wing2.ldr and wing1.ldr are exactly the same model. When you added wing2.ldr you *did* use mirror matrix. LPub 4.0.0.2 notices that you used a mirrored matrix, and rendered the wing with the mirror matrix rotation. (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  LEGO® set 10197 - Fire Brigade

Start saving! LEGO® set 10197 – Fire Brigade Ages 16+. 2,231 pieces. Year: 2009 US $ 149.99; CA $ 199.99, UK £ 97.85, DE € 149.99 Build an authentic vintage fire station! Ding ding ding! There’s a fire in town! The fire brigade drives to the scene (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  Re: Playing around with the new 55423 wheel

(...) Pressing the studs of a Technic Rotor 2 Blade with 2 Studs (2711) or a Technic Rotor 2 Blade with 4 Studs (32124) in the holes of the 1x7 beam would give you your desired centered axle hole, and in case of the 2711 part, some interesting (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) Hi Jaco, The right wing is being rendered weirdly because LPub thinks that the right wing is being added using a mirror matrix. You have wing1.ldr and wing2.ldr in your model. In theory you could get by with just wing.ldr, because wing2.ldr (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I'm Back

(...) Välkommen tillbaka! Du har inte missat mycket i .loc.se - här har varit tystare än i graven sedan min LEGO-träff i höstas. Det har till och med gått så långt att jag har blivit tvungen att börja läsa *andra* LEGO-sidor för att få min dagliga (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) Shrinking/moving the parts seems like the best way to reduce the flickering, so I'm planning to implement that in the 1.2 version of my program. I guess it's also somewhat a post processing issue depending on how much of a perfectionist the (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) L3P shrinks whole highlevel parts, thats a feature I was planning to implement later. But if you shrink the whole part the window and brick will still share the same stud dimensions. Shrinking only the studs could cause problems later on when (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) I thought that l3p did shrink all the dimensions a little bit, so that two adjacent brick's co-planar surfaces don't appear as one surface. I quote from the L3P web page: Seams between bricks To have more realistic renderings L3P can make a (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: DATHeader version 2.0.5 (The Reviewer Tool)

Hello Michael Heidemann DatHeader 2.0.5 does not add CR/LF to the end of a file. This happen when you allow to program format comments (to '0 //' form ). I reference to File Format Restrictions for Official Parts (URL) El'dar Ismagilov (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO on Mythbusters

If anyone catches any other LEGO based items like this. Please contact the Plastic Brick Museum. We would like to grab up these style items for the museum (just got the Trading Spaces life size Basketball player as well as a life size Spiderman from (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: 20% off SUPER SALE

Super sale of LEGO product 20% off ALL elements, over 2 million in stock UP FOR SUPER SALE (URL) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Playing around with the new 55423 wheel

(...) Co-operation and brainstorming is always a good idea... I have slept on it, but still no new bright idea. Let me know what you come up with. WBR Sonnich (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Playing around with the new 55423 wheel

In lugnet.trains, Sonnich Jensen wrote: (snip) (...) You've swept some cobwebs from my brain - I gotta dig that out and do that now while I build my copy of Emerald Night. Thanks, Sonnich! Ed (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  I'm Back

I am happy to announce that I'm back again, after more than 7 months of involuntary absence. (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Wanted: Picture of LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet” design.

(...) Give this one a try: (URL) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) Probably first-come, first-served which is essentially random as far as the user is concerned. As an idea you might be able to work around the problem by shrinking all studs in the completed model. Shrinking them by a couple of percent would (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Wanted: Picture of LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet” design.

(...) Hi, thanks for your help! I was also starting to think that no one has built this color scheme yet. I'm actually attempting it by flipping between a picture of an HO electric train version of it and the building instructions in the book. If I (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wanted: Picture of LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet” design.

(...) IMO there's poor chance someone built the blue version (well maybe Jake is reading these lines and got some pictures he may link to) - as far as I can remember, noone ever posted such a picture on BS. However, I'm having a look at the small (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wanted: Picture of LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet” design.

(...) Thanks, Bruce. This is not quite the locomotive I'm looking for though. The one in the "Getting Started With LEGO Trains" book is a custom one by Jacob McKee that LEGO doesn't sell a kit for. I was just curious if anyone here may have built (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Exclusives who has what

Myer : 10189 Taj Mahal 5635 Big Zoo 5489 Vehicle Building Set Kmart:Available in July 10188 Death Star 10195 Republic Dropship ToysRus: 7680 The Twilight 7681 Separatist Spider Droid Target:Available July 10193 Medieval Market Place 3833 Krusty (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.loc.au)

  new moc: doorway study 9 - grey stone

(URL) the last (so far) of my doorway studies, finished last year, but photographed this week. based loosely on a photograph of the doorway of the house used for the newer version of "the stepford wives" which i found in our local newspaper. the (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Wanted: Picture of LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet” design.

(...) Here are the instructions (URL) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Wanted: Picture of LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet” design.

Does anyone have some pictures of a LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet” design as discussed in the "Getting Started With LEGO Trains" book by Jacob McKee? Building instructions for this color scheme would be even more desirable. I need to build a loco to (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Playing around with the new 55423 wheel

(...) This is how I did it with my Shay bogie - hope it helps. (URL) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) I've solved the problem installing the Visual Studio 2008 Runtime. LPub now runs fine. Thanks Travis! Jetro (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Playing around with the new 55423 wheel

Hello I was hoping on the wheel, but some tests tonight did not gave all what I wanted. 1) external design I tried to use a 1x8 technic brick, a 1x6 will do and a 1x7 will be good. It is possible to place the wheels one hole from the end, leaving (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) the real word value), I think part of the flickering is reflections/refractions of the moving cogs. Also, it might help to raise the window a tiny amount (or shrink it) so that the bottom of the transparent part is numerically above the top of (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) I'm working on some last bugs, the installer and a final sample, every thing else is done. So if the application 'survives' during this last sample I will release it this week. Roland (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) <snip> 15. Allow PLI and callouts placed to the left of the CSI to share the column width in step-groups and callouts. For example: (URL) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) When do you think 1.1 is available????? I am waiting for film export!!! Ok, I think your problem can't be solved because the surfaces meet exactly the same plane. So the renderer has to decide which color to take. As both are exactly the same (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  127,000 bricks in 110 seconds!

We set up our 127,000 brick US flag at the Richard M Nixon Presidential Library and Museum in Yorba Linda, California yesterday. The Orange County Register made this 110 second time lapse and audio/video posted at (URL). You will have wait past 10 (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.build, FTX) !

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) so I replaced it by trans white in the animation I was working on (The "Experiment" sample of LD4DStudio.). I'm now using: //----Texture for LDraw color 47 "clear" #declare color47 = texture { pigment { rgbft <1.0000, 1.0000, 1.0000, 0.9000, (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Skipped 16 messages in groups lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact