 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2914
Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 13 Jun 2009 19:11:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Roland Melkert wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Roland Melkert wrote:

The thing is you can't clearly see through it, but if I increast the
't' value of the pigment it seems like part loses it's own color
(e.g. red transparent renders blue if surrounding parts are blue). I
think I'm just not 'getting' the whole rgbft meaning or something.

Try dropping the 'ambient' part. This is how my transparent 'christmas
lights' are defined:

#declare Color46_t = texture {
pigment { rgbf <1,0.905882,0.211765,0.85> }
finish { ambient 0.0 diffuse 1.0 phong 0.5 phong_size 40 reflection 0.6
refraction 1 ior 1.25 }
}

http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/merry.htm#raytrace

Thanks,

I've been experimenting and discovered trans blue is just by nature very dark,
so I replaced it by trans white in the animation I was working on (The
"Experiment" sample of LD4DStudio.).

I'm now using:

//----Texture for LDraw color 47 "clear"
#declare color47 = texture {
pigment {
  rgbft <1.0000, 1.0000, 1.0000, 0.9000, 0.0500>
}

normal {
  bumps 0.0100
  scale 0.5000
  turbulence 0.0000
}

finish {
  ambient rgb <0.1000, 0.1000, 0.1000>
  diffuse 1.0000
  brilliance 1.0000
  conserve_energy
  ior 1.2000

  phong 0.5000
  phong_size 40.0000
  metallic 0.0000

  reflection {
   rgb <0.0800, 0.0800, 0.0800>
   falloff 1.0000
   exponent 1.0000
   metallic 0.0000
  }
}
}

But I'm still not happy with it, take a look at this animated gif for example. I
don't like those black (flickering) edges around the window.

http://www.ld4dstudio.nl/img/ld4d/technicCarPV.gif

But for now it has to do, because all this fiddling delays me from releasing the
1.1 version.

Maybe when the 1.1 version is available some POV-Ray guru could take a look at
the (fully customizable) color definitions.

When do you think 1.1 is available????? I am waiting for film export!!!

Ok, I think your problem can't be solved because the surfaces meet exactly the
same plane. So the renderer has to decide which color to take. As both are
exactly the same I think it is randomize which color.

But I am not a POV-Ray guru. I might be wrong.

cu
mikeheide