 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2916
Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 13 Jun 2009 20:36:41 GMT

Roland Melkert wrote:

But I'm still not happy with it, take a look at this animated gif for
example. I don't like those black (flickering) edges around the
window.

http://www.ld4dstudio.nl/img/ld4d/technicCarPV.gif

It might work better with a smaller value for 'ior' (even if 1.2 is close to
the real word value), I think part of the flickering is
reflections/refractions of the moving cogs.

Also, it might help to raise the window a tiny amount (or shrink it) so that
the bottom of the transparent part is numerically above the top of the
yellow brick(s).

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm