 CAD / MLCad / 2272
Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:15:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Jetro de Chateau wrote:
Let me take advantage of this thread to suggest the inclusion of another element
in the lsynth mpd: the Fibre Optics Cable x400. This is the one that came with
the RCX, Spybots and several Exoforce sets, has the same diameter as the
pneumatics tubes (approx.) and requires no end piece.

Philo prepared a quick hack for me when I needed it some time ago:

0 FILE FIBER_OPTIC_CABLE.ldr
0 FIBER_OPTIC_CABLE SYNTHESIS DEFINITION
0 Name: FIBER_OPTIC_CABLE.ldr
0 Author: Kevin L. Clague
0 Unofficial Model
0 SYNTH BEGIN DEFINE FIBER_OPTIC_CABLE HOSE STRETCH 8 50 0
0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom"
0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0
1 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 4 4-4cyli.dat
1 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 4 4-4cyli.dat
1 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 4 4-4cyli.dat
0 SYNTH END

The name would of course have to be different to distinguish between the two
types and MLCad.ini should include a line to recognise it (and set the default
colour to 47)

Hi Jetro,

it'll be a pleasure including them. According to peeron:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/catpic/save/434916181

the name is going to change to "FIBER_OPTIC_CABLE_WIDE" though (not the most
meaning full to underline the difference with x401 but it'll do the job).

w.