 CAD / MLCad / 2271
2270  |  2272
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:09:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Jetro de Chateau wrote:

Thanks for a great documentation job!
Just a quick question. I've had a look at the lsynth.mpd file that comes with
the new installer and the one that's in the tutorial and except for a few
differences in spacing and capitals I don't see any real difference. Is there
any real difference? (and if so, why?)

Jetro

Jetro,

  The biggest, most important change between LSynth 2 and LSynth 3, is that the
bulk of the synthesized result is defined by lsynth.mpd, so that Willy and
others can add whole new synthesis types without the need to change the lsynth
program.

  Willy *is* the LSynth 3 usage expert.  He's done a lot of great work on the
web page and tutorial.

  There are a number of important changes in Willy's version of lsynth.mpd. When
in doubt, use the file from his tutorial.  It is the right one to use.

Kevin

Thanks. I'll use that one then.

Let me take advantage of this thread to suggest the inclusion of another element
in the lsynth mpd: the Fibre Optics Cable x400. This is the one that came with
the RCX, Spybots and several Exoforce sets, has the same diameter as the
pneumatics tubes (approx.) and requires no end piece.

Philo prepared a quick hack for me when I needed it some time ago:

0 FILE FIBER_OPTIC_CABLE.ldr
0 FIBER_OPTIC_CABLE SYNTHESIS DEFINITION
0 Name: FIBER_OPTIC_CABLE.ldr
0 Author: Kevin L. Clague
0 Unofficial Model
0 SYNTH BEGIN DEFINE FIBER_OPTIC_CABLE HOSE STRETCH 8 50 0
0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom"
0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0
1 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 4 4-4cyli.dat
1 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 4 4-4cyli.dat
1 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 4 4-4cyli.dat
0 SYNTH END

The name would of course have to be different to distinguish between the two
types and MLCad.ini should include a line to recognise it (and set the default
colour to 47)

Jetro