 CAD / LDD / 222
Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:39:37 GMT

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message
I've been trying ever since the larger Z20 double conical wheel was
available through the Factory palette in LDD, however, I've had no luck
at
all getting them intersecting each other at right angles.

Same thing here. I was able to mesh Z36 with Z12 and "almost" z36 with
z20. All
other combinations that obviously works fine in real world failed.

From what I and a lurker here figured out in a few emails to each other, it
would appear that the problem is that LDD's collision engine is a bit
overzealous, and doesn't like collisions of certain objects with certain
other objects, thus rendering them unplaceable when they should be.

I wonder if a LEGO Ambassador could forward this problem onto TLG, and ask
that they give the LDD engine a tune-up, I don't think it'd cost them that
much to tinker under the hood a bit!

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde