 CAD / LDD / 227
Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 2009 07:14:21 GMT

It's wrong anyway - if you center the camera on the axle for the black wheel
and zoom in, you'll see that the axle is off-center even so slightly. If I
nudge the pieces a tiny bit closer to correct that (by 0.01 mm), LDD thinks
that the gears collide.

It may be a bit off but... it works!

Man, I hate floating point arithmetics.

...NXT programming language and firmware in version 2 switched to floating
points... for the best and/or for the worse ;o)

Oh yes - and believe me, LDD guys are aware of that!

So, can we have "LDD AFOL edition: now with 'turn the damn collisions off'
button!" ??
I have no true information here, but I believe this is simply impossible.
Collision detection is at the heart of LDD. No way to properly place things if
you cut it off.

Philo