 Licensed / Batman / 4
3  |  5
Subject:
Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.licensed.batman, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 04:23:50 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Dear Lego and others,

After hearing that Arkham Asylum included two pirate muskets, I raced out a bought a copy. (Actually the last copy at my local TRU).

    7785 Arkham Asylum
860 elements, 7 figures, US$80, 2006
LEGO > SYSTEM > Batman

Looking at the box on the way home, I noted that the contents panel showed the set contained *three* not two muskets! Trés Vool!

But then I saw this picture:

I know Arkham Asylum isn’t a standard mental health care facility by any reasonable measure, but the attic torture room seems to be a bit much. In fact, the guards getting the whip and the chainsaw ready, while the Riddler lies helplessly on the electroshock table, reminds me of some of the Abu Graib pictures.

I may be taking this the wrong way, but I think this image seriously detracts from this set, and it’s not something I would feel comfortable allowing children to see (yes, I know they’ll see worse on TV).

Concernedly,

Richie Dulin

ps. The set really *does* contain three muskets!

Please consider your FUT if replying.